Creative Portraits: Two Average Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Portraits: Two Average Guys

Staying with our non-movie star looks theme, here's a pic by A.Pilotti. of a couple guys who look like they are having a good time.

Let's see if you can create something they would buy from you for their mothers.

Note: If you want to do some digital dental work, that's OK.

~Danny~
    Attached Files

IF I was the mother of one of these two guys, I'd just as soon not have a painting!

AmyHutton

Comment

quick fix

Ok, dental work first..
      Cloned bits of good teeth (what few there were lol) to patch missing/broken teeth.
      Used a soft white brush to lighten teeth.
      On a duplicate layer, filter>gaussian blur
      history>snapshot
      click undo filter
      used the history brush to clean up their faces a little
      created another duplicate layer, and selected, feathered at 2 pixels around the guys
      CntrlX to delete that selection, went to the bottom duplicate layer
      filter>gaussian blur, then used the gradient tool to darken it a little

Last step on the guys was to use the burn tool to merge the edges of their hair a little better with the background.

I rarely record steps...do I do ok at explaining how I did stuff?
      Attached Files

Comment

Amy: How could you say such a thing about my two sons!

Lynn: Supurb digital dental work! Mother will be pleased. Welcome to the photo-art forum. Hope we'll be seeing more of your handiwork in the future. Appreciate you sharing the 'how to' detail, too.

~Danny~

Amy: I'm just pullin' your leg!

Comment

hmmm

Photo-art forum...think maybe I missed the whole point on this lol
          I'll give it another shot shortly.

Lynn

Comment

2 guys

Well, a more artsy result I guess, but after playing with filters and actions I have no clue how I got this. I took the image I submitted earlier, (since I sort of overlooked the art aspect of the forum <oops>), and ran I think Jaseck Dream affect action (which I found on this site and really like), and who knows what other filters. Looks sort of lame compared to what the rest of you are doing ( you all are certainly an inspiration!) with photo-art, but it's a start : )

Lynn
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
              Photo-art forum...think maybe I missed the whole point on this lol
              I'll give it another shot shortly.

Lynn
              No problem. This is, afterall, "RetouchPRO." The photo-art tie-in is based on the manipulation aspect of this craft.

In an event "You done good" on both creations. Keep 'em coming

~Danny~

Comment

two &quot;kewl&quot; guys

Lynn, you did well, especially on the dental surgery. Now neither one of them looks, uhmmmm, like a refugee from a prize fight. You description was great. Keep 'em comin'.

Jaykita, you did well. I don't know what you did to the eyes of the taller one, but he looks kinder somehow. Good art work.

Comment

Posting another image with kinder (and handsomer) looking guys!! Thanks, Janet, but i do think these arent as scary as my earlier ones!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Using PShop 7, I fixed teeth a bit with the healing brush and a layer above to whiten. Changed color of sweater using Color Range selection. Cleaned up beards/faces a bit and then just added some brush strokes, a bit of texture and an edge.

Hmmm, still need to work on that guy's expression -- he's a bit TOO happy to see the camera...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another attempt. Some brushwork in painter, in ps7 filters like unsharp mask, simplifier, diffuse anisotropic.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: Two Average Guys

Had fun with this one. Used Impression to finish up.
                        Attached Files

Comment

now why is that when i look at the original, all i can think of is steve martin and 'two wild and crazy guys!' ... or maybe, Borat.

Comment

Fix their dental problems? What you see is what you get.

Steve C.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'll try this again - retouched first, then some art moves.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X