Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creative Portraits: Blond looking Relaxed

Originally posted by CJ Swartz View Post
    OK -- first I was just going to change her hair color, but then I got a bit carried away. I thought a bit of texture on her so-smooth skin would make it a bit more realistic..., and once again I got a teeny bit carried away.... with a bit of leather texture PLUS the Extrude filter. So then I decided to add a mirror frame look so that the extruded areas could be mirror pieces instead of her skin..... hmmm, but what about that skin color?
    Tinted glass?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Swartz View Post
      "The Blonde on one elbow" spoke to me about my "teal version", and I decided that she deserves a more straight-forward image. So here's a color illustration - usual abstract outline method (Add Gaussian blur to top of 2 unsaturated layers [top copy inverted] set to Color Dodge layer blend to elicit outline), then multiplied duped layers of result to add to effect, place copy of resulting image over copy of original with layer blend set to Vivid Light -- run Graphic Pen on original copy. Bring copy of original above this result with layer blend set to Hard Light and another copy of original above that layer with layer blend set to color to correct skin tone.
      Is this the method for creating an abstract outline, or is this just part of her workflow?

Comment

Gunner, the "old" way of creating a sketch effect was to desaturate a copy and duplicate that layer, set blend mode to Color Dodge, and run gaussian blur to bring out a sketch. Members then added enhancement techniques such as duping the sketch layer, setting the blend mode to multiply - which darkened the sketch lines. To add color to the sketch, people would then set the blend mode of the sketch to a mode that allowed the color from the original to show thru (usually Luminosity mode). In this instance, I used Vivid Light mode and ran Graphic Pen for a different look - but these processes are not part of the recommended procedures. Just a short fit of jealous pique...

Comment

As Elvis use to say, "Thank yew, thank yew vurry much!"

Comment

I've got a couple. been at it for a day or so. Wasn't sure what I wanted when I started out but these two are what I came up with.✍✍
            Attached Files

Comment

Still entertaining my Lichtenstein binge. Hopefully I'll break it soon. lol

Attached Files

Comment

Although it doesn't have a great resolution, this picture is pretty cool, very versatile to work with. I did about 15 tests using different effects and it looked very nice with all of them. Here is one of them... Thanx for posting Danny.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Boneappetit; 12-24-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

edit:posted in wrong category
                  Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors

too many tabs opened in firefox, my bad.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by vasiliskons; 12-26-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment

edit:posted in wrong category
                    Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
                    no sketch or oil here...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by vasiliskons; 12-26-2010, 01:52 AM.

Comment

i had to have another go at this one. this is all psp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My painting and makeover

Best wishes Ray

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/822/25...73779f9b_o.jpg

Comment

Here's an edit
                          Attached Files

Comment

http://i102.fastpic.ru/thumb/2018/08...02163d155.jpeg
                            Watercolor from the photo. Done in a new add-on for Photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                            X