Creative Portraits: Brother and Sister - Contributed by Legacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely work Margaret...

Pollen i have a problem with our uk pollen, i'd hate to deal with florida pollen.

Comment

Used GIMP 2.2

I put it through the "old picture" script fu filters. I then did an unsharp mask.

To be sure it will upload, I saved for web in PS7.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alfredo is it possible to do and remove the background, it was taken at the playschool room but i think it was very messy.

Whats gimp?

Very nice picture thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy~Art
          Alfredo is it possible to do and remove the background, it was taken at the playschool room but i think it was very messy.

Whats gimp?

Very nice picture thank you...

I think the background helps draw the eye to the subjects. I like the "messy" because it is real. You can isolate the subjects and remove the background. I do that all the time with the posters I make.

Do check out the link to GIMP in the above post. It is a free image editor. It is reviewed on this site, but the review is out of date. It's got a ways to go before it catches up with PS, but it is pretty good, and free.

Thanks for the compliment.

Al

Comment

Until now I haven't had time to be active in this group, but stopped by tonight and thought it would be fun to work on one of your pictures. If I've uploaded this incorrectly, or made some other mistake, please let me know. As I live in a remote and rural area of coastal Oregon, where high-speed access is difficult to achieve, I haven't spent much time on forums such as this one, and so may have made one or more errors. Please bear with me-- I learn quickly! <g>

Shoshanna Moser
            http://www.pbase.com/shoshanna
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to RP Shoshanna! Wonderful first post and I hope we'll see many more contributions. I was blown away by the quality of your photos at PBase, what a joy to view. You're very talented. Such a beautiful part of the world, it was a delight seeing it. Thank you.

Comment

Shoshanna (what a beautiful name)

To match a beautiful picture, and wow your artwork is inspirational!!!

Welcome to the forum and please don't be a stranger okay, you have de-lurked so don't go in hiding now...

Have fun

Elle

Comment

OH WOW!

I have to say if i lived in a place like that i wouldnt care if the internet speed was slow, what a perfect beautiful place to live in, makes me want to cry.

Comment

Welcome!!!

I agree, beautiful name to go with the place. I am an Ocean girl, and would love to live right on it for all of my days. Your work is something I aspire to achive as well. Hope we see more of you.
                    Jessy

Comment

Hi all..

Welcome Shoshanna - loved your version of the children, and also your gallery. I am new to forums as well. Am wondering if you used Painter or Photoshop for the sketch?
                      Margaret M

Comment

Originally posted by Shoshanna
                        Until now I haven't had time to be active in this group, but stopped by tonight and thought it would be fun to work on one of your pictures. If I've uploaded this incorrectly, or made some other mistake, please let me know. As I live in a remote and rural area of coastal Oregon, where high-speed access is difficult to achieve, I haven't spent much time on forums such as this one, and so may have made one or more errors. Please bear with me-- I learn quickly! <g>

Shoshanna Moser
                        http://www.pbase.com/shoshanna
                        Hi Shoshanna:

Let me add my welcome, too, and assurance you did just fine not only with the artwork, but getting it uploaded.

I used to work in Portland and have many pleasant memories of trips to the Oregon Coast. Are you closest to Coos Bay, Port Orford, Brookings or ???

Welcome aboard...
                        ~Danny~

p.s. GR-eat pBase site, too!
                        Last edited by DannyRaphael; 04-03-2005, 11:56 AM.

Comment

another try

this time I put it in an old Painter classic and added original luminosity. I then went into PS and messed with the curves, then did chrome and faded it.

I then played around with the water color brush on Elle's sweater.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Render clouds layers several times, painted over with pattern tool using original as pattern, multiply and overlay blends to get this effect. Added texture.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: Brother and Sister - Contr

Two wonderful smiles.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Creative Portraits: Brother and Sister - Contr

Great creative portraits.

I created watercolor and bokeh background.

Thank you
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X