No announcement yet.

Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, Stretching

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• grafx
    Best place for canvas printing...
    by grafx
    Who has the best range of sizes, quality and pricing in printing on canvas?
    10-03-2005, 12:14 PM
  • martinamichaels
    Print on canvas
    by martinamichaels
    Has anyone tried
    www.largeformatposters.com for canvas printing?
    12-11-2007, 11:14 AM
  • skydog
    What is giclee printing?
    by skydog
    Is giclee just another name for printing on canvas or is it a special paper or procedure? If it is different then I need to go to an authorized giclee dealer/process?

Most print rooms that I use print on gloss, matte, metallic and luster finish. Are there other labs that use other specialize...
    02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
  • smiling dog
    Canvas printing
    by smiling dog
    Oops, never mind - I forgot I had already asked this question here before.
    02-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  • canvas02
    Canvas Prints
    by canvas02
    Canvas Prints UK, Canvas Pictures and Photo transformation services. Leading UK supplier of PREMIUM quality digital art for affordable prices. Next generation online photo editing tool. Canvas, Perspex or even Wood (artbox).
    04-10-2011, 01:59 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, St

This is just a tiny bit off topic but I hope you all will bear with me. I ordered a 20 x 30 inch print and forgot to have them mount it on 3/16th or 1/2 inch backing to hang without any cover whatsoever. Now I am trying to find a place where I can order one sheet of something that will do. Like foam-core board,etc. preferably with a self-sticking back. Not worried about archival as it is for our own home and i am already over 74 years of age.

<<<<SMILE>>>>

Comment

I was having the same problem, since I am just starting out, Painting with Painter X. I had Printed my artwork at home with an inkjet printer,on canvas paper. But then I had to mount it on something. So I went to Hobby Lobby. They had a Huge piece of foam board that was self adhesive for 9.99. I was able to cut the perfect backing with just an exacto-knife. Worked wonderfully.

Comment

Thanks for that info. How thick was it?

Comment

Probably about 1/8 of an inch.

Comment

and if you have a Staples near you they can do if for you, also. they use a foam board type of thing and charge about a dollar per square foot, plus a minimum, i think. but check. i may have that last wrong.

Comment

Thanks to you both, that's good to know. We have a Jerry'd ArtaRama here maybe they have it also. I'll have to pay them a visit. Oh and I have found 3/16 inch at both places mentioned.

Comment

cool beans. oh, and Staples will also enlarge your prints and then put them on that foam board.

Comment

Craig, that is very good to know. Especially since it is an alternative to Wally's Mart. And I don't belong to Costco. A few photographers that I know and galleries use Costco.

My brother-in-law says, with a smile on his kisser, that the Epithet he wants on his tombstone is, "He Shopped at Costco!"

<<<<smile>>>>

Comment

well, i never actually used Staples, but i did inquire, which is why i know they do this. i was going to buy a large format printer to do some of my stuff, but wasnt sure i wanted to pay the price, so i asked around to see who was doing this stuff in my area and Staples had a decent print shop, including the large format printer i was looking to buy. they had a number of example prints mounted there in the shop and i was fairly well impressed with what they were doing. there are other places and types you shld look at. canvas mounting is fairly popular. these area easy to find online, but i've not done any of those either so cant recommend one, myself. check out giclee and lenticular prints for something a bit different

Comment

Working...
                    X