• Show
Clear All

• Creative Portraits: Pink Flower in her Hat

From http://gal.mvc.ru/

This should be another fun one.
    Attached Files

Beautiful girl Danny!

Well where do i start...

I smart blurred it gently and then i used smudge hairbrush, and smudge soften brush and i then added texture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Uppted the colour and lighly embossed...
      Attached Files

Comment

Found the original and used as base.
        Cropped and retouched before getting arty.
        AHB Chalks (still tweaking the brushes).

Attached Files

Comment

I've been working on new/old effects. I didn't quite get the cracked paint right on her face; but I'm done for now. Gotta fix dinner.

Janet

Ok, I'm reposting this picture. I cleaned up the "black spots" on her face and neck. What is left is the effect of compression on the cracked paint effect. I hope this is better.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Janet Petty; 05-04-2005, 08:59 PM. Reason: updated picture

Comment

I'm doing some more experimenting with a new technique in Painter IX...

Started in Photoshop:
            * Knocked out the blue background
            * Levels, Hue/Saturation (boosted sat a bit)
            * Flatten, Save, Close

Painter IX
            * Opened and Cloned
            * Used Blender > Grainy Water at small size, low opacity just about everywhere to "simplify" (smudge) the image
            * Used Cloner > Soft Cloner to restore some detail
            * Use Tinting > Diffuser 2 for the first time to "diffuse" some edge areas. This is a really cool brush.
            * I was experimenting with adding/blending colors here and there, but by the time I finished it looked a bit overdone.

For a first time using this method, I can see the potential.
            Attached Files

Comment

Danny, the lower half worked perfectly.
              IMHO the face, however, could do with less..less blush, less definition for the eyes and mouth. Then it would combine better with the rest.

Just an opinion, OK?

Comment

Dannny, less rosy cheeks; but the rest is perfect. I kept blowing out the dress and hand. How did you get so much detail in them? Nice work.

This one was an experiment from a tutorial by Tim Shelbourne. I didn't have the exact brushes he used (don't know where he found them either -- looked all over for them -- maybe I have TOO many brushes ) In any case. I quite like the results.

Your were right Danny. This one is a good, fun one.

Janet
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by byRo
                  Just an opinion, OK?
                  No problem. Your points are valid.

With this type of maniulation I almost always struggle with how much (or little) to tweak the eye/mouth detail. Since I often hose that aspect (smudge beyond repair), I tend to "go light" which leads to an unharmonious look.

The addition of blush is new ground, too, and I'm coming to the conclusion "less is more" in that regard.

Your candor is appreciated, Ro.

Originally posted by Janet
                  I kept blowing out the dress and hand. How did you get so much detail in them?
                  After smudging with Grainy Water, I used Soft Cloner to lightly add back a little detial where needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Petty
                    I've been working on new/old effects. I didn't quite get the cracked paint right on her face; but I'm done for now. Gotta fix dinner.

Janet

P.S. Don't look too closely. It still needed more work before I gave up.
                    Janet, superb!!
                    Just a suggestion though...hope you don't mind...maybe you have some other plan in mind, but the black smudges on the face are a bit distracting. Knock them off, and she'd be a knock-out!!

Comment

Janet you reminded me of something my Mum use to say when i was 15 experiementing with make up, she said that foundation is going to start cracking if you put anymore on it, so thats means keep it simple and get rid of the black smudge marks and it will be perfect!

Comment

Hi

I thought i would give this one a spin
                        done a watercolour added texture and added the waterpaper filter
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by palms1
                          I thought i would give this one a spin. Done a watercolour added texture and added the waterpaper filter
                          Glad you took a shot at this one. I like this interpretation very much.

Comment

I haven't posted anything here for a while (I've been moonlighting elsewhere ). Here's my version of the girl in the hat. I removed the original background and made a new one for her in PSCS. Adjusted colours a little and enlarged image. Took into Painter IX for painting with Captured Bristle, Just Add Water and Square Chalk then back into PSCS to add the texture.

Click here for larger version: http://www.pbase.com/pamsav/image/42924917/original
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just love the watercolor effect, so I keep trying...

for a larger view..

http://www.pbase.com/goldcoin/image/42966183/original
                              Attached Files

Comment