free studio background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free studio background

Here is a studio background that you can freely use. I painted it myself and although I had to make it a super compressed jpg it still looks fine.

Gooch
    Attached Files

Thanks, Gooch

It looks great. If you (or anyone) would like to make a higher-rez version of a background available, check out our Archives for submission details.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks for your generous contribution Phil. Those types of backgrounds are great to use but I can never seem to get that soft cloudy look to mine.
      DJ

Comment

It is very nice
        I sure will use this. I have some pictures I just took of my family with a busy background and this will be perfect. Will be great practice for me to select/ paste (I sure need practice on this one!)....Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Keep em comin !, Mr. Photophil bay-bee ! Would it be asking too much to make a version with a 12 jpg compression.

Comment

There have been alot of requests from members to create those types of backgrounds. Maybe you could do a tutorial on creating them.
            DJ

Comment

I have sent a larger version to the archive along with an outdoor fall setting that I use both outdoors or as a digital drop in.
              Both images are out of camera at 22"x33" and can be re-res'd and size to your needs.

As far as how to make the studio background.. I make all my backgrounds with a air-compressor sprayer with a piece of muslin laid out on my grass. The key is to spray first the bas then starting in the middle start spraying differnt spots.. keep the sprayer about 2 feet from the background. Use about 4-6 different colors and just let them blend together. The studio background was done with the following steps.

Sprayed the blue/grey back base..
              sprayed lipstik pink in spots, white, lime and powder blue.
              Then I went over the edges with the background paints again.

Comment

That's great Gooch. I'm sure there will be a big use of it. Thanks much.

Ed

Comment

I thought you created it in Photoshop. Guess I will have to turn on my compressor if I want to get that cloudy results you got.
                  Thanks for adding the hi-res and the other background. They sure are useful in this type work.
                  DJ

Comment

Are all the free backgrounds gone? I can't find em in the archives.

Comment

John,

Gotta give Doug time to get 'em up there. He's a busy man (at least that's what he says ).

Ed

Comment

O.K...............God ! My first marriage didn't last this long !

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
                          I thought you created it in Photoshop. Guess I will have to turn on my compressor if I want to get that cloudy results you got.
                          Here is one that I did in PS with the are (pirate talk) brush.. lots of layers and a render cloud
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by photophil; 01-07-2002, 03:21 PM.

Comment

i too, thought #1 was a PS production, they're both fine and eminently usable; thanks Gooch. Gooch is fun to say, too, thanks for that. and your avatar is goochpooch.

i almost asked you what are brush is but after i said it a few times i figured it out. duh

Comment

One thing the airbrush and PS have showed me is that prior to painting a studio background... I usually redo 6 per year..
                              I can get a feel for it in PS. I have also noticed that with a little practice I should be able to duplicate my studio background effect in PS. I'm still learning for I only have had PS for 3 months.. I use to use corel prior to that.

Gooch

Comment

Working...
                              X