Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masks

I should know how to do this and I probably do, but my head is spinning! I'm more than half done with the glamour challenge, but I can't figure out how to make a seperate file of my mask. Somebody needs to walk me through it!

Ed

If it's a layer mask, simply alt-click on the mask to bring it up into your view window and save for web.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

So we actually send in two seperate files to you? Or one tiff with the mask contained in it? I was wondering that too. Thanks for being brave and asking Ed.
      DJ

Comment

This is an alpha channel. With Photoshop 5 there is no option to save for web. Am I out of luck?

Ed

Comment

Two jpg files. Look at the current entries. They submitted them as specified.

For those lacking "save for web" in earlier PS versions or non-PS programs, simply "save as..." a jpg file.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rexx
            Too many masks = ugly
            by Rexx
            I am sure every beginner has this problem, yet I cannot find any tips on it. I am probably not looking long enough or in the wrong places

Here is my problem.

I have an image detail that I need to mask, let us say it is too dark.
            Ok, I mask it using a contrast...
            04-04-2004, 11:44 PM
          • Saucisson
            warp a layer with it's mask??
            by Saucisson
            Hello all,

Tis not often I ask for help!

I'm trying to figure out how to (if possible) warp in cs3/4 a layer with mask, and affect the mask as well.

Usually I check my mask, and apply, but for this job, I need to keep the mask in place.

With...
            04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
          • Rexx
            Shortcut to discard Layer Mask?
            by Rexx
            Does anyone know a shortcut for discarding/removing/deleting a Layer Mask in PS7? I haven't found it anywhere.
            02-22-2004, 07:12 AM
          • inskip
            Question about layer masks.
            by inskip
            I read the tutorials and I understand how to create layer masks. But, where I'm unclear when it comes to LM is how they relate to the other layers and masks. For instance, I have an image that needs to be color corrected, noise reduced and sharpened, therefore, it will probably have adjustment layers...
            07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
          • albatrosss
            When do you use a "Difference Mask'?
            by albatrosss
            Yesterday I did a tutorial from Katrin Eismann's "Restoring and Retouching". It was the first time I had attempted a Difference Mask. When I had completed the tutorial I wondered why that method was recommended since an additional selection was required using another selection tool. ...
            02-03-2007, 08:48 AM
          Working...
          X