custom brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom brushes

trying to create a custom grid brush. After I use the rectangular marquee tool to select the entire grid then click Edit > Define brush from selection - this is greyed out. If I make a smaller selection of the grid (only part of it is selected) then the Define brush from selection is active. Is there a limit to the sizeof the selection? What can I do?

Re: custom brushes

Hi Phident.

Welcome to RetouchPro.

I don’t know which program you are using but with PS7 it is not possible to define a brush which includes the grid.

You could always make your own.
    http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/Grid.php

Hope this Helps.

Ken.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Ken, I'm using PS Elements 5. I'm able to select a custom grid I make from a photograph of a grid. before selecting I trashed the background layer and was left with a transparent background. I then simplified the layer then selected the entire grid but the Define Brush from Selection is greyed out. If I use the rectangular marquee and include 9/10's of it then the Define Brush from Selection becomes active. There is a fine line between the size of the marquee selection when it accepts it or not. Any thoughts.
      Gregg

Comment

Hi Gregg.

Elements must behave differently to PS7. If you get no help with this question in this thread then it may be worth posting it in the Elements thread where you should get more help. (Or a Mod may move it for you)

The Elements thread is here
        http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photoshop-elements-q/

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by phident
          Thanks for the welcome Ken, I'm using PS Elements 5. I'm able to select a custom grid I make from a photograph of a grid. before selecting I trashed the background layer and was left with a transparent background. I then simplified the layer then selected the entire grid but the Define Brush from Selection is greyed out. If I use the rectangular marquee and include 9/10's of it then the Define Brush from Selection becomes active. There is a fine line between the size of the marquee selection when it accepts it or not. Any thoughts.
          Gregg

Yeah. I want to know the answer to why the Define Brush is grayed out on mine, as well, and I use PS 6. Define Pattern is open for business, though, but that's no help for the brush.

Maureen

Comment

Working...
          X