Gradient Layer Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradient Layer Mask

Any layer mask can be a gradient...just make a layer mask (not the same as regular mask) and gradient (or paint) away (you might want to make a copy of the layer first, then layer mask, then use multiply mode or one of the other modes to darken or lighten)
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Related Topics

Collapse

• saberlancer
    More than 1 layer mask per layer?
    by saberlancer
    Hi,I'm just wondering if the above is possible in CS2?
    Thank you
    08-05-2005, 12:29 AM
  • sylvia1065
    layer mask
    by sylvia1065
    Hi,

Is there a way to lower the opacity of the layer mask without affecting the layer it's attached too?

I use layer masks a lot when I (don't) want some of the effect/filter to affect parts of the paintings, so I was wondering if it was possible to lower the opacity...
    11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
  • beefhitler
    Graident Mask inside an adjustment layer mask?
    by beefhitler
    What I want is a multi directional gradient style mask over a normal adjustment mask. I would like to know how to do it. Please see explanation below.

I have a mask of an object with me. I would like to use a gradient styled edge on the mask. It's a flat 2D polygon. Basically I want to...
    02-07-2017, 09:54 PM
  • Boneappetit
    Difference layer mask
    by Boneappetit
    I just want to know, how to create a Difference layer mask... maybe the correct term is Difference mask, i'm not sure...
    04-09-2011, 01:53 PM
  • Shotster
    Create Layer Mask?
    by Shotster
    Is it possible to create a layer mask from a grayscale image in PSE 2.0? I'm referring here to an actual layer mask which has a thumnail within the layer it affects. You can draw into layer masks and manipulate them in many ways, but I can't figure out how to "attach" a grayscale image to...
    11-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Working...
X