Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cider Label

Hi.
    Iv been asked to make 4 cider labels for a vineyard on the iow,to be sent away & printed on a roll professionally.Size 210mm x 85mm.
    Could someone tell me the best format & resolution,for whatever commercial printer they send them off to.
    Im useing PSCS3.
    thanks very much for return reply`s.

Re: Cider Label

disgo

Your very BEST bet is to creat the labels in Illustrator as vector graphics using PMS spot colors. This will provide more versitility for future use, accurate color separations and scalability. They can always be opened in Photoshop as a Smart Object when needed.

You need to know if the labels will be printed in 4 color process inks (CMYK) or printed via offset method(s) (PMS Spot colors)

Think down the road for both you and your customer and other possible uses for the labels such as T-shirts, tote bags, merchandise bags, bottle openers etc. Creating the labels as vector graphics to start with will save you and your customer time and money down the road if they ever want to change the size or color requirements to print on something else.

Also, go easy on using gradients in the design. These are sometimes impossible to print on silk screen, embroidered or die stamp goods. They often do not reproduce well in print such as newsprint.

Do generate a one color version of their logo for times when they cannot print in multiple colors or they don't want to spend a whole lot of money on additional colors (such as packing slips, invoices, etc.)

I've been in the business for 25 years and trust me when I say, "start with vector and PMS spot colors"

Comment

thanks very much 4 your reply Swampy.

Comment

Hi there,

I tried this starting with vector and PMS spot colors, it worked fine.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• phillip6653
          Illustrator Question
          by phillip6653
          I need some help with Illustrator. I have someone asking me about a problem with this error "When spot color are used with transparency, changing them to process colors outside of illustrator can generate Unexpected result" We know why the error shows. But how do we fix our graphic so we do...
          04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
        • itsallgoode9
          Dealing with the Print of Out of Gamut Color??s
          by itsallgoode9
          How do you best approach this?

I've recently run into an issue where this has become a major headache. I'md doing some prints for clients to approve of some Smirnoff bottle labels that I've rendered in 3d. Because of the subject nature, color accuracy is SUPER important when teh client...
          10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
        • itsallgoode9
          Matching Print House Colors
          by itsallgoode9
          I'm doing a project that will eventually be sent out to a print house...what do I need to do as far as color management and profiling to match their printers?

Do I just need to contact them and see if they have any printer profiles, which I will use that as my proof colors for viewing...
          10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
        • Swampy
          Things to consdier when designing a logo
          by Swampy
          Having been in the Advertising Specialty business for over 25 years, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly in logo design. I thought a discussion about logos in general and design considerations might be a help to budding graphic designers.

What is a logo?
          A logo is a graphic representatioin...
          01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
        • DannyRaphael
          Commercial Print Shop - what should I ask?
          by DannyRaphael
          Up until today I've never had reason to consider the who, what, where and why's of generating an image in Photoshop that was destined to be commercially printed. (The ol' HP Deskjet suited my needs fine.)

Volunteer = New Opportunities
          That all changed about an hour ago: I volunteered...
          06-09-2002, 01:58 PM
        Working...
        X