Gradient tool:angle gradient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradient tool:angle gradient

Like everyone else, I use the gradient tool all the time with layers' masks, and find it absolutely invaluable. There is one of its settings though that I can't understand at all - it's the third one along - the "angle gradient".

I am really curious as to how and why one would use this setting, and wondered if anyone could kindly explain it to me.... It seems so strange!

Re: Gradient tool:angle gradient

I did not know there was such a thing until you asked the question. So I tried it out in CS4 and found this in the help Menu. "Angle gradient
    Shades in a counterclockwise sweep around the starting point." And that is what it does. I guess I'll leave it to others to figure out why one would want to use it.

Comment

Re: Gradient tool:angle gradient

Duh, I never thought of checking the help menu, so thank you very much for that Phil...

I'm just wondering if it's got some fantastic application that I haven't thought of

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• st.james
        "moveable" gradient
        by st.james
        I saw in a tutorial how you could make the gradient sort of loose, where it isn`t limited to the size of the canvas, so you can move it anywhere you want it in the picture.

Can anyone refresh my mind on how to do this, I forgot :-?
        01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
      • groovigyrl
        Gradient Map
        by groovigyrl
        Hi all,

I'm experimenting with the gradient map and haven't been able to get too far with it. Argh. When I add the new adjustment layer for gradient map, my image switches to infrared (it looks like a film negative). It doesn't give me the box with the slide bar gradient that should automatically...
        10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
      • nebgranny
        Helo with Gradient Mask
        by nebgranny
        Can some one post information on applying a gradient mask to a photo. I would like an explaination that would read easy for someone still new to using photoshop please.

I think I remember Gary posting some information on this before but could not find it in a search .Thanks Neb :rai...
        06-09-2006, 12:13 PM
      • skydog
        Gradients and Gradient masks
        by skydog
        Any one direct me to a good resource (book, tutorial, site) on more indepth techniques...thanks
        12-05-2009, 07:59 AM
      • Repairman
        Gradient editor sliders
        by Repairman
        I have recently started to use gradient maps as part of my colour mod 'toolkit'.
        When using the gradient editor I often find the slider graphic to be too small to make fine adjustments. The 'pencil' sliders can overlap and it all goes tits up.
        Is there a way to enlarge the graphic dis...
        03-03-2016, 01:07 PM
      Working...
      X