X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Ken,
    You not only found the answer yourself but you helped others who may have had the same problem. Good one Ken. Glad you solved it for us.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied
    Appreciate the follow-up, Ken.

I was about to post a reply that would have been completely useless!

Glad you got it figured out.

Leave a comment:

• KenB
    replied
    No need to reply on this one I found the answer. I was painting onthe mask with what I thought was pure black, but instead it was just a shade lighter. I noticed when I enabled quick mask the foreground color changed just slightly lighter. After putting it back to black it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• KenB
    started a topic Quick Mask Selections

Quick Mask Selections

I hope someone can help me with this problem. Why, when I create a selection using a quick mask, and then copy the selection to a new layer it always has transparency even though everything is set to 100% opacity. Using any other means of creating a selection and copying to a new layer works fine.

Related Topics

Collapse

• camner
    Quick mask and Layer Mask
    by camner
    Ok, so masking is really the equivalent of selecting, only easier (often) to work with. At least I think that's right.

Making a selection and then applying a quick mask is easy. Extending the mask with a brush is easy. It seems to me that it's only useful if one can convert the mask...
    05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
  • rxdan
    Layer mask questions
    by rxdan
    I am still working on the picture from my previous post. I now have 2 layers in my layers box, a background and a layer mask above it. The mask was created with a solid color fill after a selection. I chose red for the fill color because it would stand out against the blue sky. The mask icon to...
    11-28-2003, 12:46 AM
  • PixelMover
    PS6.0 QuickMask problem
    by PixelMover
    here's one I haven't come across earlier..
    When using quick mask, the area I mask is pale red, as if I had set opacity to 10% or so..
    And when I exit quickmask, the whole image is selected (as in 'select all'), not the part I masked.
    Checked all my settings, opacity is 100%, mode...
    07-13-2002, 07:21 AM
  • Gee
    issue with a mask.
    by Gee
    Hello
    i've got a small request here.
    for some ppl can sounds reaaally cheesy easy, whatever.

ok so i've got a picture.
    the thing is i played with the curves in some way to switch the tones.
    but basically i do not want to have the curves affecting the...
    01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
  • bobzilla
    How Do I Add My Selection to A Layer Mask?
    by bobzilla
    I know how to paint in the Layer Mask to make a mask, but say I use the Lasso or Magic Wand or Color Range to make a selection. How can I transfer that to my Layer Mask?

I'm in PS 7.

Thanks...
    08-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Working...
X