Droste Effect with Mathematica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droste Effect with Mathematica

I can't do this (at least not this way) and can't even afford the software, but it is still seriously cool:

http://blog.wolfram.com/2009/04/24/d...h-mathematica/
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Droste Effect with Mathematica

Neither could I do this but I did find this ages ago.
    Sorry its an SWF file so had to zip it, but it should open in a browser to see it.
    Quite hypnotic.
    Peter
    Attached Files

Comment

Mathmap (a GIMP plugin) can do Droste. Also, I wonder if it has been ported in a format that the free Mathmatica player could be used (yes; play with it from time to time too). May do some search on the main site later.

Comment

I think you could do this pretty easily using FilterMeister (plug-in builder that looks a lot like C++ language).
        But then again I usually think everything is easy - until I have to do it!

Comment

I'm not, but if you are willing to pay some dough, you can get this cool utility from Mediachance that can do this too.

http://www.mediachance.com/pbrush/index.html

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Saleem Akram
            Blood Effect
            by Saleem Akram
            Hello Friends,

I’m back with another request. How do we actually get the blood effect as in the following pix?

I’ve googled and managed to download few blood brushes but can’t get them to give this effect. This looks so cool. Any tip...
            08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
          • Miss Liz
            how to get this effect
            by Miss Liz
            I've seen this effect in other photos, but I couldn't find them...BUT I was able to find this one picture with the same effect, and I was wondering if any of you know how to do this.

Sorry the picture is so small I couldn't find a bigger size of the same effect on a photo. Hope you can...
            04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
          • suryapuranik
            My try on DRAGAN EFFECT
            by suryapuranik
            Hello Everybody,
            I found the dragan effect to be great using in portraits to give it a nice antique and mysterious effect. I've attached my try. Though the pic is small, it gives an idea about the effect. Please give your opinions. Thanks!...
            04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
          • David Graham
            Object with pixel disintergation effect
            by David Graham
            Does anyone knows if there is a way to do an effect were part of
            an object is disintegrating as though pixels were falling / scattering off
            it. Is there a plugin etc?

Thanks
            04-10-2012, 04:05 AM
          • PantherLady07
            Trying to create this effect
            by PantherLady07
            Hey,

I am new to the site and forums. I am having a problem with an effect that I want to use. I know it is a crosshatch filter and when I use it, it doesn't look like the photo example. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be appreciated. I have seen one tutorial on...
            11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
          Working...
          X