Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking Hands with Myself or Hugging Myself

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to ask this. It's my first time.

I want to create a picture of myself (or anyone else) where they are actually in the same picture TWICE. Now, getting the same person in the picture, side by side, is easy. No overlapping body parts, no problem.

However...

I want to have the person actually interacting with themselves. For example, Walking down a sidewalk holding hands, or one person sitting on a sofa and then have their "twin" lying in their lap.

How can I achieve this type of effect? Is it something that will be Green Screened? Do I use a second model and then replace the second model with a "copy" of the person that I really want in the shot?

One sees this type of effect in movies quite often. But I have no idea how to actually do it.

Thanks for any help,

Michael

Re: Shaking Hands with Myself or Hugging Myself

You do it just like you'd place yourself in the same picture two times.
    Cut out yourself from one image, place it on an image with yourself and make e.g. the hands match (maybe you'll have to use liquify, free transform, dodge & burn tools etc.).

So, which of these parts is giving you headache? I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to help :-)

Comment

I'm still in the concept stage.

The part that I'm thinking is going to give me the greatest trouble is getting the shadows correct and the actual muscle tension. I have not tired it yet.

For example, if I'm sitting on a chair and I want to have a picture of me sitting in my own lap, the muscles in the figure sitting in the chair would be somewhat more strained than if I were just sitting in the chair with nobody on my lap. Also, there would be an impression from the weight of my body sitting on my lap.

Similarly, what it I want to run my fingers through my hair? How do I accomplish that sort of effect? Would I just have to create extra hair in Photoshop after I've put the two images together?

Also, the shadows from each figure would have to match, etc.

Do you know where I can see some examples of this type of work?

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Michael, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, have fun!

Some examples are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/cl...-multiplicity/

Comment

Thank you for the link!

I started looking and they are very helpful. I have questions about a couple of them. But I'll play first and ask questions later.

See you on the forum soon,

Michael

Comment

More examples

We are Many

Comment

I have a ways to go. Thanks for the extra link. I'll post some stuff once I experiment some more.

Comment

no interaction but you get the idea...

http://photoextremist.com/2009/11/ho...plicty-photos/

Comment

Working...
                X