• Show
Clear All

• adding photo to template

Hello - I've watched tutorials on this, I have pscs4. I open my
    template and it shows in the layer screen on right, when I open
    my photo to paste, the template disappears and the layer and
    only the photo shows in the layer screen. I'm sure there is something
    that I a missing, but all tutorials show, both come up on the screen
    at the same time. Thanks in advance for helping.

Re: adding photo to template

If I understand correctly you are opening two different files in Photoshop. If this is the case each file will have its own space which you should see under the menu bar with its own file name. By clicking on the file name you will be able to view each image seperately.

With 2 files open in Photoshop one as background image (Background) and one you want to paste onto the background (Image)

Quick way
    Goto Window/Arrange/Tile - You should now see both images
    Use the Move Tool to select the image you want to paste (Image) and holding down left mouse button drag and drop onto the Background.

Alternative
    Click on the file name at the top of the screen to make it the active view.
    Select Menu/ All then goto Edit Menu /Copy
    Click on Background file name then goto Edit Menu /Paste

Either way you should now have 2 layers your background (Background) with a new layer (Image)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• drhiii
      Background border help please
      by drhiii
      Am trying to learn how to do the following:

I have an image that I size down to say 900 x 600. I then select it and copy it to clipboard.

I have a file that I use as a boiler plate background. I open the file up, it is exactly 1024 by 768. I then paste the previously...
      09-08-2003, 04:19 AM
    • Jimbo111
      Editing with layers
      by Jimbo111
      Hi all. I have Photoshop Elements 6 and Scott Kelby's book. On Pgs 81-84 he shows how to "Expand the Range of Your Photos". He starts with a photo with an over-exposed bright sky background and an under-exposed shadowy dark foreground. His Step 1 is to open the photo in Editor in Camera...
      09-05-2010, 09:05 AM
    • HroadhogD1
      Printing Question
      by HroadhogD1
      Hello, I want to drag three photos onto a new background, and print the three photos on one 8.5 x 11 sheet. What is the best way to do this. I did this with some scans, but when I drag the photo to the new background, its as big as the new background which is set for 8.5 x 11. I know I have to just...
      09-16-2006, 09:23 AM
    • DjBeau
      Is there a hotkey?
      by DjBeau
      Hello all you wise and mighty people!

Can any of you tell me if there is a shortcut to show the original image before I started editing it? In other words: How can I quickly go all the way back to the beginning in my history?

Of course I could always just keep my background...
      03-04-2011, 06:19 AM
    • makeovermagic
      need "white" background transparent
      by makeovermagic
      i don't know if this is possible, but i need this clipart's white background to be transparent. it is part of a business card design, and i want it to appear in front of the text with the hand/wand/hearts only -- can the white background be erased?
      12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
    Working...
    X