Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on composite

Hi guys,

I am doing a fantasy inspired composite of a martial artist against a sunset. It does not feel right, but I can't figure out what I should fix. Any ideas on what should be changed?

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: Stuck on composite

Your shadows are way too deep. You have too high of contrast in the shirt. I tried to do a quick version, but I don't really care for the results I get trying to retouch with a notebook trackpad at the moment.

Don't make each adjustment like it's your last. They are cumulative. When you work that way, the first might look fine to you. By the time you get further in, it looks wrong. I'm positive it didn't start that way. Your shadows on the face are also too saturated.

Comment

1.Where's the light source for the back of his neck and the sword blade? 2.If that's the sun I wouldn't have clouds appearing to be behind it and if it's a flash of light I wouldn't have the rays diffused like sun beams through clouds! 3. How come the light source has not hit the ground or the man?

Comment

Well lighting on him is completely different from the rest of the image for starters. And highlights on him are too blue.

Where is that light from the right coming from? It looks odd in a sun lit image.

Comment

Thanks for good feedback. I tried to make a few changes: less contrast on man, added inner glow to left side of man, darkened right side of man, scaled back the light rays, added light source for neck, removed inner and outer glow on sword.

Anything that should be changed?
          Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• petersweden
            Composite
            by petersweden
            Hi

I am trying to pull of a composite of an athlete and lightning. I want to give the impression that the athlete is lit by the lightning. I am having trouble making this look good.

I have added some low opacity light streaks from the lightning in the direction of the...
            01-13-2012, 07:44 AM
          • petersweden
            Help with composite
            by petersweden
            Hi

I am working on a composite of an athlete. Unfortunately, when he was shot the end of the fingers were covered with black cloth so I need to hide this somehow. See attached composite and close ups of the hands. Any ideas on how to fix the tips of the fingers?

Any other...
            01-09-2012, 03:31 AM
          • petersweden
            Simulate stadium lights in composite
            by petersweden
            Hi

I want to composite a photo of a soccer player on top of a background layer with stadium lights. I want to simulate the stadium lights casting the light on the player.

Right now I have tried to simulate the light by adding a layer between the player and the background where...
            06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
          • petersweden
            Help with composite
            by petersweden
            Hi

I am trying to composite an athlete into a HDR-photo from a parking lot. I want to give the impression that the athlete is punching the ground and thus creating a crack. Any pointers on how to make the composite better?

A larger version can be fond here:
            http...
            11-06-2011, 10:42 AM
          • petersweden
            Draft composite - what needs to be fixed?
            by petersweden
            Hi

I have started on a composite. What are the main things that need to be fixed?

Regards

Peter...
            09-14-2016, 06:29 AM
          Working...
          X