Cosplay composition help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosplay composition help

This is a composite from a recent cosplay shoot of mine. I am happy with the blend between the background and the cosplayers but I can't put my finger on what is wrong. I am interested in other peoples' comments
    Attached Files

Re: Cosplay composition help

Saturation of yellow and red need to be reduced, and blue hue need to be changed to yellowish blue.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...b5&oe=5A5B848E

Comment

The background light quality is soft and flat and the foreground images have harsher lighting with stronger shadows.

Comment

I agree with Wolfman. Especially in the foreground. Contrast/Sharpness/Clarity is usually gradual in both photography and paintings. We're conditioned to seeing this as 'normal'. So a big jump between the figures and everything else looks abnormal. I would at least try to define a foreground, mid-ground and background and adjust Contrast/Sharpness/Clarity accordingly. I think you'll then get a better blend between the figures and the foreground, mid-ground and background.

Mike

Comment

Thank you all - I will modify it and re-post

Comment

Tulack - how did you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyoau View Post
              Tulack - how did you do that?
              What exactly?

Comment

I used LUTs but I think if you put gray layer in luminosity you will also get Hue gradient. Saturation map you can make with "selective color" in "absolute mode". Move all color sliders "blacks" to -100 and "blacks" of whites, neutrals and blacks to +100

Comment

Thanks Tulack - I should have been more specific - it was the saturation map.

Comment

I just made 4 luts as "false colors" maps. Saturation, luminosity, Hue and Temperature if anybody need it.

https://app.box.com/s/8dmbzsol9840aondhvu1bud5zhb65v5f
                    Last edited by Tulack; 08-31-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the LUTs. Here is a revised version - looks much better
                      Attached Files

Comment

Firstly, I want to praise the guys in the photo, they really turned out fine. great costumes, poses. I do not like the background on the photo. Absolutely. I would add flowers to the tree or made a warmer color background.

Comment

Working...
                        X