Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color matching this composite

Hi

I am working on a composite with three elements, gargoyle, model and city background. How would you adjust the color matching in order to make the images blend together better?

Thanks

Peter

Crop of girl and gargoyle

Comment

Lightness map

Comment

Saturation map (only shows relative saturation)

Comment

Hue map

Comment

The girl and gargoyle have warm colors (=white balance) and the background has cool colors (=white balance). I suggest:
            - 'warming up' the background white balance so that equivalent tones match that of the girl/gargoyle
            - applying a blanket (warm) color/soft light layer with 10%-25% transparency that will 'unify' the colors

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorrell View Post
              The girl and gargoyle have warm colors (=white balance) and the background has cool colors (=white balance). I suggest:
              - 'warming up' the background white balance so that equivalent tones match that of the girl/gargoyle
              - applying a blanket (warm) color/soft light layer with 10%-25% transparency that will 'unify' the colors

Mike
              Or change the shadowed areas on the girl and gargoyle to blue like the background.
              Last edited by Shoku; 05-08-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X