Right...Wrong category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right...Wrong category?

I have some photos I took over 15 years ago that I "scanned" and saved into a "pdf" format. At the time I had no idea what I was doing, nor do I at this time. I would like to crop each photo and save it as a complete photo in the correct format. There are on average 3 photos per page, but when I tried to attach one of the pages, it failed, I'm guessing because it's trying to download the whole pdf file or an incompatible format...but then I ain't no genius.
    Again, I thought I could just crop each photo separately and save it as an individual photo.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I apologise if I posted in the wrong forum, please advise if so by pm.

It kind of depends on the program that made the PDF. Try opening the PDF in a photo editor (Photoshop, etc.). It will be treated as a photo, not as a document. Then you can crop, whatever.

You can also extract the images using techniques such as these
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• cinderella
      save pixelated photo
      by cinderella
      I recently made a photo book and one of the photos printed pixellated.

Apparently the photobook required a min of 1600x1200 pixels and this photo taken with a point and shoot was 1151x768

I'd like to try and rescue the photo. Here is my plan:
      1 first i'll multiply...
      02-13-2011, 07:00 PM
    • bravura
      saving crumbling albums
      by bravura
      Old albums I've inherited from my grandfather are falling apart. The photos are glued to the crumbling black pages. Is there a way to safely remove them so I can put then in a new album? There may be identifying writing on the backs of some of the pictures, and I want to preserve that as well.
      11-21-2001, 04:09 PM
    • Carly
      can this be restored?
      by Carly
      hi, found you all from the talented folks at PST. my first post here. a coworker gave me a couple of photos of his family to play with and i was going to try to clean them up. i thought maybe you all could give me some tips or links to tuts or perhaps in this forum that could help me out. i'm curious...
      07-04-2004, 07:37 AM
    • judyb
      Mildew/mold on photo
      by judyb
      Hi All,

I ran across this photo in our family mess of photos and am trying to figure out how to restore it in Photoshop CS5. I have others that part of the photo has been somewhat destroyed by what looks like the pox, but I assume is some sort of mold, breaking down of emulsion, or something....
      07-26-2011, 04:19 PM
    • ♥Charlotte♥
      Recover SEVERELY damaged and PRECIOUS photo?!
      by ♥Charlotte♥
      Hi All,

To view my previous thread on this, see 'Important image is corrupted - help!'
      Didn't get many replies and some things have changed since then so this is basically to sum up all the additional details in one thread without keep adding replies to my old thread.
      07-22-2012, 06:10 AM
    Working...
    X