Shortcut to discard Layer Mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcut to discard Layer Mask?

Does anyone know a shortcut for discarding/removing/deleting a Layer Mask in PS7? I haven't found it anywhere.

I don't think there is one. But you could always make an action to make your own hotkeys. I have a pretty extensive .pdf list of PS7 hotkeys. If anyone wants it, send me an e-mail.

Ed

Comment

Hotkey! Of course Ed, why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Alt (or Mac: Option) + drag to Trash avoids the annoying confirmation message.

Comment

Shift+click on the layer mask to deactivate it temporarly.

The right-click on the layer mask thumbnail, then choosing the correct option works fast for me, there is no confirmation...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Shotster
            Create Layer Mask?
            Shotster
            by Shotster
            Is it possible to create a layer mask from a grayscale image in PSE 2.0? I'm referring here to an actual layer mask which has a thumnail within the layer it affects. You can draw into layer masks and manipulate them in many ways, but I can't figure out how to "attach" a grayscale image to...
            11-25-2003, 10:47 AM
          • sylvia1065
            layer mask
            sylvia1065
            by sylvia1065
            Hi,

Is there a way to lower the opacity of the layer mask without affecting the layer it's attached too?

I use layer masks a lot when I (don't) want some of the effect/filter to affect parts of the paintings, so I was wondering if it was possible to lower the opacity...
            11-26-2006, 12:45 PM
          • Ed_L
            Masks
            Ed_L
            by Ed_L
            I should know how to do this and I probably do, but my head is spinning! I'm more than half done with the glamour challenge, but I can't figure out how to make a seperate file of my mask. Somebody needs to walk me through it!

Ed
            03-01-2002, 03:11 PM
          • WallyKurtz
            Inserting to Existing Layer PS7.0
            WallyKurtz
            by WallyKurtz
            I'm working on a brochure
            I have inserted an image complete with mask, and layer effects.
            My purpose for this is so as the next year begins, I can update the images with my latest Senior images by simply inserting the new photo.

I'm having difficulty pasting into the layer...
            01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
          • Boneappetit
            Difference layer mask
            Boneappetit
            by Boneappetit
            I just want to know, how to create a Difference layer mask... maybe the correct term is Difference mask, i'm not sure...
            04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
          Working...
          X