Quick Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Masks

How do you create quick masks in Photoshop Elements? The Help guide says that it does not support this feature, but I am confident someone has figured out the workaround on this.

TIA

Brenda

Hello, Brenda:

Welcome to RetouchPRO.

As I understand it Elements does not have built-in Quick Mode, but there are workarounds:

See here for one option.

Also check out Hidden Secrets of Photoshop Elements (www.HiddenElements.com) for another method.

Hope this helps.

~Danny~

Comment

Quickmask in Photoshop Elements

1. Copy Layer you wish to mask. Apply filter or whatever it is you wish to mask.
      2. Create New Layer, and move it below the copied layer.Name it Mask Layer.
      3. Click on copied layer.
      4. Click Layer - Group with previous.
      5. Copied layer will now only be visible where there are pixels on Mask Layer. So to reveal image, paint on Mask Layer, its a Quickmask in reverse.

To feather mask, vary opacity of paintbrush.

Hope this helps. Gary.
      Last edited by Gary Richardson; 04-10-2004, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bigkidjr
        layer masks
        by bigkidjr
        Hi DannyR! Thanks so much for your reallyreally helpful response to my photoshop 7 vs Elements post. I went and checked out the Hidden Powers book (and forum), although a friend of mine has offered to give me photoshop 6 and I'm playing with the idea of just installing that and then purchasing the...
        08-01-2003, 03:16 PM
      • Brencam
        Convert image to layer mask - Is it possible?
        by Brencam
        Hi,
        I've been using both PSE 3 and PWP Pro for image editing and also own the Hidden Elements books and plugins. For those who don't know PWP Pro has some very powerful masking tools and the masks can also be saved as grayscale jpg files which can then be loaded as PSE layers .

12-26-2006, 11:09 PM
      • Shotster
        Create Layer Mask?
        by Shotster
        Is it possible to create a layer mask from a grayscale image in PSE 2.0? I'm referring here to an actual layer mask which has a thumnail within the layer it affects. You can draw into layer masks and manipulate them in many ways, but I can't figure out how to "attach" a grayscale image to...
        11-25-2003, 09:47 AM
      • nebgranny
        Doing a Tutorial Need help with set up
        by nebgranny
        I am doing the tutorial on layers by vicki. I do not have photoshop but I do have a 30 day trial of photoshop elements. I somehow messed up the layers pallett. Can someone help me get it back . It seems to be closed . Also there was to be a function on the bottom of the pallett to use but it is not...
        03-12-2005, 07:29 PM
      • sylvia1065
        layer mask
        by sylvia1065
        Hi,

Is there a way to lower the opacity of the layer mask without affecting the layer it's attached too?

I use layer masks a lot when I (don't) want some of the effect/filter to affect parts of the paintings, so I was wondering if it was possible to lower the opacity...
        11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
      Working...
      X