Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrie
    replied
    Without thinking I posted a "whole" face. No trouble, but thought I'd better change that. I repost just the eyes here.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• carrie
    replied
    I appreciate that DJ, there is some softness in there where I probably could have painted or burnt in a little more detail, BUT considering I had to do over a hundred of these and the prints were mostly 5"x7" s I figured this would do. Most importantly...I learned from the experience, smile.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Wow!! Carrie, that looks fantastic. You would never have known it was touched up.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• carrie
    replied
    Sanda, Thanks!

Paulette, I went to the page and got me some skin and hair. Thanks a lot. I did a project not long ago that included over 100 pictures of a woman who wanted the dark roots of her blond hair lightened to blend with the rest. I wonder if I might have made use of these hair tones. I did paint with Color some, but also used Selective color to adjusting from Reds and Neutrals. It was a long and tedious job making the hair look real and not fuzzy or washed out.

Example attached
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sanda
    replied
    Grat job Carrie

Leave a comment:

• paulette conlan
    replied
    Carrie
    Here's where the skin and hair tones are on this site:
    http://www.retouchpro.com/pages/colors.html It is called Bruce Beard's Hair& Skin Charts.
    They are a good start to making a file of your own.
    Paulette

Leave a comment:

• zs1afz
    replied
    Carrie - Thanks

Thanks for the kind words.
    I cant wait to be back - but duties come first *smiles*.
    Hugs & bye for now ..
    Poppie

Leave a comment:

• carrie
    replied
    Poppie, I hope I catch you before you go "off line". I just wanted to say that now you have the info to remove GG (glass glare) at will, the only thing to do now is...experiment! That is always the best way to learn.
    Good luck and we'll miss ya around here, so be back soon, k?

Carrie

Leave a comment:

• zs1afz
    replied
    Retouching / Glare Spectacles

Carrie, Sam & All the Other Friends,

That is BRILLIANT!! Thank you for the info. I copied it to MS Word and will have my tutorial now.
    Thank you SO much.
    My apologies for replying only now. I was off line.
    Will be off line again until about July now.
    Will see you then.
    Hugs
    Poppie
    Cape Town in South Africa

Leave a comment:

• carrie
    replied
    Thanks Sharon, Paulette and Goldcoin too. I'm sorry I couldn't post a higher res image; I piddled around a lot burning flecks in the iris' and so on.
    Yea, Paulette, the "body bank" always comes in handy, I keep animal parts too, never know when you might need to slap in a pair of cat eyes (or ears).
    I'm gonna look for the skin tones.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDCOIN
    replied
    Carrie.

I couldn't believe that was the same photo..... Wow

Leave a comment:

• paulette conlan
    replied
    Carrie
    That was a great job that you did with the glasses. That's a frequent problem.Liked your idea about making up a collection of parts. Awhile back I found a file of skintones and hairtones on this site(don't remember where) that have also been very useful in retouching.

Paulette

Leave a comment:

• Sharon Brunson
    replied
    That is perfect Carrie.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Carrie
    That's excellent!

Poppie
    Welcome to Retouch Pro. Can't improve much on Carrie's technique. As she states, every situation is different and it's pretty much a clone and paste job. Let us know how it translates to Paintshop Pro for you since it's mainly Photoshop instructions. I'm not familiar with Paintshop but there are other members on this site who are. Maybe they have a good tutorial for this situation in that editing program.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• carrie
    replied
    I have removed this image and abreviated it to add further down the line in this thread, because of client privacy, BIG OOPS.
    Last edited by carrie; 02-06-2002, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X