Cracked photo to say the least...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsconline
    started a topic Cracked photo to say the least...

Ok, so I am a photo restoration n00b and such. I use Photoshop CS2 for web graphics mainly, so I'm treading in unknown territory for the most part. I have a friend that asked me to see if I could try to repair a very special family photo for her. I may be in over my head but I would really like to come through for my friend so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The photo I am dealing with had some water damage I think. Anyways, it is 11" x 14" so I had to do a couple scans and merge them which worked out ok. I scanned it at really high DPI(1200). I can't really rescan again if needed because, well the photo is like 1000+ miles away from me now.

Where would be the best place to start with it? I have spent the past 5 or 6 days pouring over tutorials on the net but haven't found anything for something quite like this.

Click here to view the damaged full photo which is shrunk down to show on the web.
    Click here for a closer look at it which you can see the cracks a lot better.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wsconline
    by wsconline
    I may have posted in the wrong fourm before so I will post here just incase.

Ok, so I am a photo restoration n00b and such. I use Photoshop CS2 for web graphics mainly, so I'm treading in unknown territory for the most part. I have a friend that asked me to see if I could try to repair...
    11-19-2005, 11:57 AM
  • judyb
    Mildew/mold on photo
    by judyb
    Hi All,

I ran across this photo in our family mess of photos and am trying to figure out how to restore it in Photoshop CS5. I have others that part of the photo has been somewhat destroyed by what looks like the pox, but I assume is some sort of mold, breaking down of emulsion, or something....
    07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
  • Brucemm
    Photo that has physical damage
    by Brucemm
    Hello,
    I guess I'd like a lot of new members here, I've been drawn to the forum as I've been asked to "do what I can" to an old photo.
    My first reaction was "sorry can't help", but then....

My biggest issue right at the start is that the photo (guess...
    11-29-2009, 12:32 AM
  • albatrosss
    Can this photo be restored
    by albatrosss
    I haven't the faintest idea of where to begin. Tried Lab color, CMYK method and a bunch of other tools but I'm just trying things at random. A while ago I seem to remember a similar problem but a search didn't help at all. Went through a couple of texts, same result.

Can anyone get...
    02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
  • Britsdad
    photo on a plate
    by Britsdad
    Hiya guys,
    Here's a good one for you, a friend just gave me a plate with a photo embedded into it! It's of his sons girlfriends father who died when she was very young, and this is the only photo she's got of him. They are getting married in a couple of weeks and he's asked me if I can...
    05-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Working...
X