Pixelated Healing brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixelated Healing brush

Anyone ever notice that if you use the healing brush over an area that was already healed it starts to get pretty pixelated? If so is there a way to avoid this? I can't figure out why it does this. It seems to do it even if the sample point is smooth in texture.

A tip for the healing brush is to squash it, change the brish shape to eliptical, this way the brush is more random and does not creat such a patterned look. this may help avoid the broblem you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by delic
      Anyone ever notice that if you use the healing brush over an area that was already healed it starts to get pretty pixelated? If so is there a way to avoid this? I can't figure out why it does this. It seems to do it even if the sample point is smooth in texture.
      Sample often, from different areas.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• brock-1
        Star-pattern mystery
        by brock-1
        Here's one that has me stumped and I'm hoping the collective wisdom here can help.

I picked up a very cool trick when using the healing brush from one of Scott Kelby's books. The trick is to first narrow the brush and then to angle it at something like -49 degrees.

This,...
        03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
      • kneff
        Another question...the healing brush.
        by kneff
        I watched the video of Feature Enhancing by Jack Davis several times and took notes. I did learn alot from this, but somewhere, I 'm not working the healing brush correct. I want to use it to take out a mark that shouldn't be on the photo. So, as he says, I don't have the aligned clicked so it isn't...
        09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
      • santoro80
        Healing brush with soft or hard brush?
        by santoro80
        I'm just reading a book "Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers" and the authors says that healing brush is "best used at full opacity and with a hard brush (just about the opposite of the clone stamp tool)".
        I didn't know that. I always used healing brush with soft brush....
        01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
      • CKAJCA
        Artifacts/pixelation with Healing Brush?
        by CKAJCA
        I am getting artifacting or pixelation (that is the best I can decribe it) when using the healing brush on skin. What am I doing wrong? Forgot to say I am using CS5!

Colin
        12-17-2011, 09:36 AM
      • superkoax
        healing brush tool help
        by superkoax
        well, I have searched the forums here, but haven't found anything regarding this problem...I know everyone have encountered this problem is some degree...

WHat can you do with healing brush when it smudges details?

I don't know how to even get remotely close to a good result......
        08-17-2007, 02:46 AM
      Working...
      X