photographic paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photographic paper

Hi, I am new to all this so I hope you can help I have been given some old photos and was wondering which photographic paper to use.
    I am using a inkjet, I live in Jersey C.I. so a website would sure help.

Regards

Simon

Simon,
    Welcome to RP. The type of paper you use may need to be dertermined by the type of Ink Jet printer. Some inks require specially matched papers for proper results, particularly if you are printing on glossy photo paper. You should start with what is recommended or specified by the manufacturer of the printer. Your local Photographic supply store likely carries an asortment of papers. Business supply stores like Business Depot also carry an assortment.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Just my opinion-- but it always seems that old restoration photos look best on lustre (semi-gloss) or matte paper....the glossy just doesn't work for me on old photos. I agree with trying your printers brand of paper to get the closest match you can. I have an epson printer, and epson makes a huge variety of papers. The only thing better is to have a lab (local or online) print for you on the paper of your choice. I know Mpix or WHCC online will send out paper samples. It may be a bit of trial and error at first but once you find something that works, you can get more predictably good results. Best of luck--

-Kate

Comment

Thank You

Thanks For The Info

Comment

Try Moab Paper Company

Moab Paper Company was ranked by NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) as having the best quality paper on the market today.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• justone
            Printer/Paper Problems
            by justone
            I had a few questions/problems wiht using a new photo printer i recently purchased. I got a Canon iP6700D (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...modelid=13363). I tried to do a few prints with the paper that came with the printer and the quality set...
            07-28-2006, 09:46 PM
          • zganie
            paper printer and inks
            by zganie
            I was wondering what types of paper people are using for prints,(glossy,pearl,matte)also what brand.Another curiosity is types of printers and inks. hope this is the right place to post

thanks for any input
            11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
          • 1STLITE
            Need a paper recommendation...
            by 1STLITE
            I need a paper recommendation for printing a calendar. A friend and I want to make a calendar of our images from the local area, for sale. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200, and need to know what kind of paper would be best for this job. We really want to print it ourselves if at all possible. The...
            06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
          • ExclamPt
            Printing on uncoated side of paper
            by ExclamPt
            I have been using an Epson R2400 printer to print a number of photos on Epson Velvet Fine Art paper. Each is stored in a polyester sleeve and should thus last a long time. (They are intended as gifts for my two children.)

I would like to print caption information on the reverse side of...
            12-27-2006, 08:34 AM
          • lglogan
            Question on papers...
            by lglogan
            I am interested in knowing what kind of paper everyone uses to print their photo-art. I am in search of the perfect watercolor, canvas, etc. paper. My only problem is that since I am in South Korea I will need to order it online.

I don't think this is a question anyone has asked before....
            10-12-2002, 06:21 PM
          Working...
          X