would love to learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would love to learn...

After seeing Chanelle's amazing work on re-touching faces, I feel extremely amatuer!

Below is the sort of basic, quick re-touching I usually do. The first image is what it looked like straight out of my camera, the second is the photoshopped version.

sample - before

I was told that they wanted the make up to be heavy, hair/clothes darker and blemishes removed. This is what I did...

sample - after

Now the way I usually get rid of blemishes is to use a combination of the clone tool and the healing tool [I have Photoshop CS btw].

It always blurs the skin a little. I was wondering how on earth you can manage to smooth out the skin but keep the detail?? On Chanelle's images [username Shellby here] you can still see every tiny pore of the skin clearly and I'm stunned.

I've had a go but failed miserably. Can anyone give me a clue/head start so I can have a play?

Thanks!

I'll post up my miserable attempt at the close-up of the skin I tried later

Welcome to RP! Here is a link to an excellent technique provided by one of RP's moderators, Ro.

http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=213
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Pardus,

the secret of realistic-looking skin is details. The smaller your brush, the bigger the outcome.

Sledgehammering across the skin with some blur almost always irons everything down, including the pores. Quite obvious since pores are nothing but blemishes which are wanted in opposite of akne etc.

Hence, the way to achieve a realistic skin is to manually remove the blemishes and keeping the pores with just tiny corrections hardly bigger than the blemish itself. Don't know if that expression is understandable though

I posted a small attachment to show
      Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• c19h28O2
        Skin Skin Skin!
        by c19h28O2
        Guys,

I'm trying to learn to d&b but with this photo i'm having no luck. I keep trying on the left side of her cheek with a 50% soft light layer (as per Eismanns's book) but there is a lot of yellow when i zoom in and i'm not sure how to tackle it. i've tried sampling colors and...
        07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
      • drode
        Realistic skin smoothing (men)
        by drode
        I imagine this applies to men and women alike but with men the ultra smooth look is even more objectionable. This is a common task for me but I'll use one specific image as an example. Here's the basic setup.

I have a shot of a young man with acne and blotchy skin. In this particular case,...
        02-01-2011, 12:36 PM
      • Linwe
        Smoothing Dry Skin?
        by Linwe
        Hi everybody,

I did a search previous but couldn't find any specific threads that could help me. I'm retouching an image and the model has really dry, scaly skin on her back which is quite obvious and I'm not sure on how to smooth it out. As of stage one, I've split the image into the...
        07-19-2011, 08:37 PM
      • R_Leszczynski
        Quick technique for cleaning the skin up
        by R_Leszczynski
        Hello,

Have You got any good technique for removing blemishes and some dark skin spots or wrinkles without softening in overall. I think the best way is doing in manually with some dodging and burning techniques plus clone stamp and healing brush but if You want to make it perfect it's...
        09-01-2008, 04:21 AM
      • RetWannabe
        Impossible skin
        by RetWannabe
        Hi,

This has probably been asked or discussed on this forum before. What do you do? You have an impossible image, really bad skin, almost no spot to source for healing or cloning. 1. How many of you have have a supply of facial textures that you've saved from previous retouches and...
        12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
      Working...
      X