Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel

Here is photo of my little girl , it was made at school last Christmas..
    I think this is sooo awful
    I would like to do with it some thing. What is possibilities
    Attached Files

luchia,

welcome to RP.

difficult image. i call these compound or complex fixes. there is a lot wrong here. the lighting was too low, there is pixelization, it's out of focus a bit and the color balance is off (probably due to the lighting). so, this is one you could spend 100 hours on and still not be done or satisfied with.

so, all i did here was work on the face a bit and some of the color balance issue.

first i added a contrast/brightness adjustment layer.
    then a hue/saturation adjustment layer, mostly for the reds and yellows. i took the yellows back over into the reds a bit to get some better skin color and lowered the saturation on both the reds and yellows.

after that i made a new blank layer and started cloning out the odd spots and some of the pixelization. i also used a lot of airbrush and the brighten/darken brush. actually, i did this all with several blank layers and on almost each layer i would do the work and then do a gausian blur to the layer for better blending.

when i had things a bit better i did a copy merge to new layer, turned off all my other layers except that and the original background layer and set the copy merged layer to 'screen' blend mode.

on top of that i added another contrast/brightness adjustment layer to take the light down a bit (screen blends tend to brighten things up) and added a tiny bit of contrast.

did another copy merge and done.

this is far from being done. i mostly just wanted to do the head, neck and hair a bit to demonstrate.

if you have another picture of your daughter, especially one with a similar pose on the head, you might try cloning part or all of her head onto the angel picture. in the long run that might be easier.

craig
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid I could do little with the picture for the reasons Craig stated above.

I just used the noise filter and a few color layers to paint out some of the color noise.

I used levels and curves to lighten the image some.

I did run it thru some free third party software called Image Analyzer and used the default settings on the deconvolution filter. It did seem to help with the focus a little.

Butch
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Daviskw; 08-07-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you Kraellin ,I think it’s looks much better now…only pixels or noise…
        What do you think if to run Neat image maybe it can help?
        I like how face looks now .

Comment

Originally posted by Daviskw
          Hi there

I'm afraid I could do little with the picture for the reasons Craig stated above.

I just used the noise filter and a few color layers to paint out some of the color noise.

I used levels and curves to lighten the image some.

I did run it thru some free third party software called Image Analyzer and used the default settings on the deconvolution filter. It did seem to help with the focus a little.

Butch

This image looks smooth and light, her dress is perfect for such a bad photo quality, you made it! Except face is changed a bit or head’s form is different.
          Tank you for help.

Comment

luchia,

yes, neat image might help now. you might also take butch's work and mine and try to combine them with a blend mode and see what that gets

somewhere in there is the perfect picture. so it's just a matter of how much time you want to spend finding it.

craig

Comment

Tanx once more.

Comment