X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeaniesa
    • Aug 2001

"This photo guaranteed not to fade"

My mother and I have been going through the old family photos that she has to categorize them as best we can. Since she lives near me, we get together every Wednesday night to sort through photos for three hours, putting each photo in it's own archival plastic sleeve and identifying the people/place/date (when known) on an archival label stuck on the plastic sleeve. It's been a blast seeing old photos of my grandparents (and their parents).

Anyway, tonight we came across a photo taken in the early 1920's and on the back was stamped (by the photo processor): This photograph guaranteed not to fade. Of course, it is a bit faded by now, but I found that "guarantee" quite interesting.

Jeanie
  • Ed_L
    • Aug 2001

I always have a good time looking through old photos. Hours can go by pretty fast. That printed guarantee is interesting. Let us know if you get your money back.

Ed

Comment

• jeaniesa
      • Aug 2001

Let us know if you get your money back.

Actually, if the lab still exists (highly unlikely), I think they'd get a kick out of seeing it! And what would my refund be - $.05?! (My mom has all of my grandfather's discharge papers from the Navy back in the 1920's - on one of them is listed his monthly salary: $29.03/month! )

After seeing all of my grandmother's photos, I've decided that she had WAY too much fun in her 20's!

Jeanie

Comment

• Ed_L
        • Aug 2001

Yeah, when we're kids, we seem to think that old people (25 and over) never had a good time because they were so old. Photos make us realize that they were once young too, and did many of the same things we did as kids.

Ed

Comment

Working...
        X