Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove white grains

Here is a picture with white grains.

I want to remove them with holding image texture and Face Look. Please help me.

Ashkumar
    Attached Files

Re: Remove white grains

Hi Ash,

Ummmmm-m-m-m-m.... cloning brush, healing tool, colour matching on an overlay.... try that kind of stuff.

Cheers,
    Sherry

Comment

Well by making the white grains whiter and the rest black they can be used as a selection. So first I copied the layer. And on this layer I used a darken blending mode.

I opened the channels palette and made a new channel from the green channel which seemed to have the best contrast. On this new channel I used levels and ran the white to 226 and the black to 178. That made the selection. I activated the channel to a selection and then expanded the selection by three pixels to get into the adjacent dark areas. Then I used G blur on the this layer. Did it help. Some but perhaps you can take it from there.

Incidentally for some reason I am unable to upload my jpg file, but perhaps this will help.
      Last edited by philbach; 05-31-2007, 01:25 PM. Reason: Attempt to upload photo

Comment

After G blur how I use it ?

Comment

Well after the G blur the white spots will be gone but there will still be a lot of work to be done. I'll post the photo if I can upload to the site.

Comment

Attached Photo. You can see that all this did was remove the white spots.
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what is the texture you want to keep. Texture on lower half of the picture? If so, i suggest adding some sort of texture later, and focus removing the "grain".

Here is what i did...

Duplicate layer
              Noise remove on duplicate layer
              create layer mask
              paint over details you want to keep

...and after that it looked like this:
              Attached Files

Comment

Well thanks all, but here is not a perfect way to restore it.

I will restore it as members told me, but If other suggestion any have
                then post it.

thanks all.

Comment

you've got 2 main problems here, the white 'grains' and the paper/texture pattern.

the others have told you how to handle the grain so i'll mention the pattern one. get FFT or FFT RGB (free) and then go to our tutorial forum. i believe there's a good tutorial there on using FFT or FFT RGB.

you can also try Image Analyzer, also free, which has a decent fft filter built in.

Comment

gave this a try. fft filter to remove pattern, noiseware to reduce noise. clone brush set to lighten and darken, healing brush, then used the sketch filter halftone to replace the pattern. not the greatest but better then it was.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix001 View Post
                      gave this a try. fft filter to remove pattern, noiseware to reduce noise. clone brush set to lighten and darken, healing brush, then used the sketch filter halftone to replace the pattern. not the greatest but better then it was.
                      Did the FFT filter work? Why did you use a new pattern?

Comment

yes the fft filter did work. I replaced the pattern because in the original post from ashkumar it was stated that they wanted to save the original texture and face look.

Comment

I'm not sure if they ment the pattern, but maybe so.
                          Good work unimatrix001.

Comment

Kudos unimatrix001, Spot On.... You nailed it!

Comment

I didn't put back the texture. I'm not sure if it's needed.
                              I use FFT
                              Curves & a lot cleaning.
                              Attached Files

Comment