X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahmedsalim2014
    replied
    Re: Posting Your Image and Works Etiquette

Good post i attentively read the all reply. That is educational.

Leave a comment:

• DebbiePTurner
    replied

I began with this group last week. I was very excited to view the webinar with Ctein. I am very new to the blogging, posts, etc. but want to learn as much as I can. I posted some of my restorations and would welcome input...and I am THANKFUL for this chance to learn.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Walters
    replied

thanks, julie and welcome to RP

Leave a comment:

• julie1
    replied

I think your site is wonderful, and most helpful. I am just so new to figuring out blogging,
    forums etc. It will take a while. But I look forward to learning.
    I believe that I one time asked a question on restoration and don't truly recall if I ever thanked anyone for their time and guidance. If I didn't, please accept my apology, and agree that being courteous and thoughtful is the way to go.
    Have a awesome day. Julie

Leave a comment:

• Gary Richardson
    replied

Hi Sue,

Glad you're enjoying yourself here, I think a few of us here have got square eyes and a bum shaped indentation on their chair, it's kind of an occupational hazard when you do this kind of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cameraken
    replied

I'd hate to put a damper on asking questions
    I totally agree.

But if new members did have to wait then they would probably have time to find that their question had already been answered in another thread. And hence, no need for this thread
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tutorials.html

Also

It would encourage members to respond. And hence, no need for This thread.

Here is a site where the system works very well

http://www.experts-exchange.com/

and here is some info on the system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experts-exchange

It was just a thought

Welcome to Retouch Pro Sue.

Ken.

Leave a comment:

• sooznooz
    replied

Hi all, I am very new here and haven't posted anything other than a couple of gallery pics. But I am working on it. But I just want to say that this is the most AWESOME site I have ever been to. I have learned so much already just from reading the forums and looking at everyone's work. It is appreciated SO much. Thanks to you guys, my computer chair has a permanent imprint of my butt on it! I spend WAY too much time there!

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Craig Walters
    replied

thanks, susie

and ken, not sure i like all of that. this is, after all, a learning site. i'd hate to put a damper on asking questions. i do believe in 'you get what you reward', but you're also penalizing the asking of questions and the inverse also follows, 'you tend to not get what you penalize'.

Leave a comment:

• Cameraken
    replied

Some sites similar to 'Ours' work on a points system. Members are awarded (say) one free point for every day of membership and (say) 10 points every time they respond to a question.

Then members can 'spend' these points on questions (say) 50 points per question.
    Patrons would have unlimited points.

A system similar to that would mean that new members would either have to

1) Wait 50 days to post a question
    2) Answer 5 questions before posting a question. or
    3) Become a patron and post a question straight away

A method like this encourages members to get more involved and increases the chances of more response from newer members.

It could work well here. There is probably a plug-in module to the forum software to handle a method like this automatically.

Ken.

Leave a comment:

• lcramer53
    replied

Craig – I don’t think you went overboard, I think you echoed the sentiments of many members and it was a good wake up call.

Smak – Great idea!

Gary – Thank you Gary, now if I could only restore photos as well as I write, I’ll be one happy camper.

Ziaphra – Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Ziaphra
    replied

Wonderfully put Susie.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Richardson
    replied

Thanks for the wonderful reply to everyone Susie, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was smiling when they'd finished reading your post.

I don't expect everyone will be able to reply so eloquently, but as an example of what Craig (and probably the rest of us) would like to see, it was exemplary.

Leave a comment:

• smak
    replied

>>>>>>> Posting Your Image and Works Etiquette

If it's not there, maybe a concise version of this post could be placed prominently within the Registration process.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Walters
    replied

susie, you're welcome

i'm pleased and encouraged to see all the positive responses here. i woke up this morning and one of my first thoughts was, 'oh boy, i probably went over the top last night on that post'

Leave a comment:

• lcramer53
    replied

Bill - Thank you. I haven't attempted my mom's picture again because I opted for practicing on pics that people post here and when I feel more confident, I'll go back and do my absolute best on that picture and hopefully be as good as you.

Palms - Well, you definitely have inspired me and I realize that in addition to my desire to learn, I have to learn a bit of patience too. Now, time to get serious, ...off to start Katrin Eisman's "Restoration and Retouching".

Leave a comment: