Need help! Old wedding photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! Old wedding photo.

I have learned so much from this forum in the past month and appreciate the opportunity to learn from experts. Could someone help with the attached photo of my in-laws on their wedding day. It is 57 years old and one of eleven photos made at their wedding.

The original has long since disappeared. The attached image was from a copy made about 1960. I've made several attempts at repairing without much success and am hoping that one of the gurus might be able to get me going.

Thanks in advance.

Curtis
    Attached Files

Re: Need help! Old wedding photo.

You might be interested in the book: Digital Restoration From Start to Finish by CTEIN (pronounced: kuh-TINE). It is from Focal Press ISBN: 0-240-808147. Here is a link to one of his websites. You can also Google the name for additional info.

http://ctein.com/whoami.htm

dc

Comment

Here's my woeful best effort so far. Used Channel Mixer 50% red, 50% green. Levels and Curves adjustments, then Dust & Scratches filter. Finally - a Smart Sharpen of 20%, 1.0 radius.

I'm stumped. My skill level will not let me do better than this.

curtis
      Attached Files

Comment

...not much information left in this pic.
        I used dodge tool to get rid of the dark spots & noisware for smoothing.
        Attached Files

Comment

My hat's off Chillin. I tried and didn't even come close to what you did.

Comment

Thanks crazyfly1. I couldn't do much with this one.

Comment

Thanks to DCobb for recommending CTEIN's book. It came in yesterday and contains answers to many of my questions. A great source!

Thanks to chillin for the best restoration of the photo that I've seen. Nice work!

Thanks to everyone else who took a look and scratched their heads in bewilderment! I will post any breakthroughs.

curtism

Comment

There definately wasn't much left, but perhaps this is something to share.

Candice
                Attached Files

Comment

Candice,

You're correct -- there's not much there! Thanks for trying.

Curtis

Comment

Working...
                  X