Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a severely damaged photo. Any point?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• sergio2263
    Badly damaged photo
    by sergio2263
    Hello Everyone,

I got this very damaged photo I am trying to restored! I've done some work but would like to know if anyone has any better way of restoring this photo, any ideas, tips or tricks to make this photo better restored would be appreciated.

Thanks
    07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
  • Brucemm
    Photo that has physical damage
    by Brucemm
    Hello,
    I guess I'd like a lot of new members here, I've been drawn to the forum as I've been asked to "do what I can" to an old photo.
    My first reaction was "sorry can't help", but then....

My biggest issue right at the start is that the photo (guess...
    11-29-2009, 12:32 AM
  • marvel201
    Severely damaged color photo
    by marvel201
    Hello,
    First time poster here. I have a group photo taken in the 80's that has been damaged by humidity. It was scanned at high res and sent to me for possible clean up. I'm using the latest Photoshop version from the Creative Cloud. I'm familiar with the Spot Healing, Healing Brush and Patch...
    09-28-2016, 09:59 AM
  • ♥Charlotte♥
    Recover SEVERELY damaged and PRECIOUS photo?!
    by ♥Charlotte♥
    Hi All,

To view my previous thread on this, see 'Important image is corrupted - help!'
    Didn't get many replies and some things have changed since then so this is basically to sum up all the additional details in one thread without keep adding replies to my old thread.
    07-22-2012, 05:10 AM
  • mashny
    Flood-Damaged Photo
    by mashny
    Hi:

I've restored many photos over the last few years, mainly as a hobby, but occasionally professionally. The attached picture is the victim of flood damage, and I'm not quite sure where to start. Rather than waste lots of time cloning, I'm going to extract the girl and put her on a...
    03-31-2013, 02:24 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a severely damaged photo. Any point?

Hello there, I posted this in the Image Help section and someone suggested I post it elsewhere to see if I can get any good tips.

This picture (sort of) made it through Katrina. I'm attempting to restore it for a family friend because it is the last picture they have of their sister.

I've worked on this a few days now and sadly the end results are a little embarrassing. From more experienced members, is there any point in trying to fix this? Any advice, or tips on what to do?

I worked on some of the beads in the second photo, but from there I'm not sure where to start. I'm not a beginner, but I don't do this sort of work often and I've never dealt with an image this damaged.

Any help or advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

The original:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...abysusiev1.jpg

Where I've tweaked the beads:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...abysusiev2.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rainbowcarnage; 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM.

Re: This is a severely damaged photo. Any point?

sorry, but i dont see the image, just a lot of photobucket junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin View Post
      sorry, but i dont see the image, just a lot of photobucket junk.

Sorry about that. Both the links should work now, and I uploaded them to the site.

Thanks for trying to look anyway.

Comment

ok. thanks

Comment

Hello Craig !

One question? Do you have the original photo? If so make a scanned copy of the photo and then post it again.

snova98

Comment

hi snova98.

Comment

Probably never will look like new, BUT quite a bit could be improved. Main tool to learn here is the cloaning tool which will take a good deal of practice to really master.

Long ago I taught photoshop classes and here are a few photos I had everyone work on. That clone tool really does take awhile to learn but once you do it's amazing.
              Here, have a look.
              http://artmakersworlds.com/photoretouch.shtml

Hard to "show" you on a forum post.... but basically you select a sample area, put your curser over a good spot, option click. Then with a fuzzy brush go to the spot you want to fill in. Say some white dot. Your basically applying color from the sampled spot onto the bad spot.

WHOLE lot of clicking and resampling, resizing of the brush, lots of practice.

Comment

Working...
              X