Fixing Sun glare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Sun glare?

I have fabulous picture of my grandmother but unfortunately there is a bit of sun glare over one of her eyes...I have uploaded the picture as a DNG to save as much info as possible so you could see it...here it is...

My Grandmother's picture

I'm not sure how to go about getting rid of the glare. I have the picture in Raw Format and none of it is totally blown out so I think it could be saved.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Namaste,
    Kristen

Re: Fixing Sun glare?

I would try opening the photo in photoshop and creating a new layer, change blending mode to color, use eyedroper to select a color you want close to the area where the glare is and paint over that area. selecting different areas of the face next to the glare.

Comment

I would follow unimatrix001 advice plus use some D&B technique & High Pass to recover some texture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a million you two!! this worked great!!!!

Comment

I had a go at this copying the circle of light then used selective colour , brightness /contrast and hue/sat then a bit of cloning to tidy up.I had to copy twice because of different hues in the glare but overall not bad repair.
          Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• gj953
            Help with sun glare on faces.
            by gj953
            I've been trying to fix this image, with no luck. I've followed some of the tutorials, without any luck. I'm not a photoshop guru, I just like taking pictures... Unfortunately, we want to use this one for a xmas card, and I can't get the glare from the sun off the faces. Can anyone help?
            12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
          • lrenning
            glare from glasses
            by lrenning
            My son had his school picture taken and the glare from his glasses is awful... you can see the light in them... I know it is photographer error and we can get a retake taken... but I like this picture! Can anyone help or offer advise??
            Thank You!
            10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
          • shay93
            Glare on glasses
            by shay93
            How would I go about removing the glare in this photo or is it a lost cause?...
            10-20-2017, 10:47 AM
          • shay93
            Glare on glasses
            by shay93
            Hey,

I'm a newbie and was hoping someone could help me get rid of the glare on the right eye? I tried copying the good eye but wasn't able to match the tone around the new area.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_z...ew?usp=sharing
            10-24-2017, 03:15 PM
          • ewashington
            Remove Sun Glare
            by ewashington
            Novice photographer here trying to figure out how to remove the sun glare from photos taken this weekend. I knew the sun would be a problem, but my editing skills are too novice to figure out how to remove the sun glare. Any tutorials or advice are GREATLY appreciated!

Link to one of...
            11-14-2016, 08:14 PM
          Working...
          X