First restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First restoration

Here is my first attempt. I used CS3, some curve adjustments, dust and scratches filter and healing brush.

I know I have lots to learn!!
    Attached Files

Re: First restoration

Here is the retouched version
    Attached Files

Comment

Mitchell,
      You chose a good image to start with, and you did a nice job. It may be getting a bit dark for my taste. But, that's the nice thing about restorations, is that there is a certain amount of person taste that can be applied. For your early restorations, I would be as concerned about your workflow as anything. You may wish to post a snapshot of your layers pallet some time and get everyone's feedback on that as well. It's important to learn right early.

Comment

I agree with above: good photo choice - not too overwhelming. I do also think the contrast is getting a little too high, notably in the faces. There are a few spots, mainly at the bottom of the womans jacket where you can see the trails and "ghosts" of the creases you tried to repair. Its going in a good direction, it just needs to be refined a bit.

Comment

First thing: Use Straighten Tool. Align vertically with porch corner post.

Comment