fft filter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fft filter..

Dear all hi.. I am awais from lahore pakistan.

I am using cs3 on win xp and trying to repair my old photo. But i have a problem that when i scan this photo the photo paper texture is very visible .then i read about fft filter. But when i download and use it my system hang and not responding. May be the file size is so big.( 45mb)? Is there any alternating of fft filter. Or any other way to apply fft filter on big size images.
    I really après hate yours effort looking for your help full response… the sample image is attached
    Attached Files

Re: fft filter..

Divide the image into small parts, apply the fft filter & put the image back together.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin View Post
      divide the image into small parts, apply the fft filter & put the image back together.
      dera chillin thanks for your answer.. Image size is 45mb and fft filter only apply on i mb size.its mean divide image into 45 parts?
      And every part have variation then other part...is it right..?

Comment

Divide by 6, the fft should take it

Comment

Before filtering, do a second scan at 180 degrees of the first and superpose it in a 50% opacity layer above the first scan. Rotate the layer 180 degrees so it registers well with the first. This will cancel out, or at least minimize, the shadows and highlights of the dimples and folds caused by the scanning light offset.

Comment

Any other alternate.... For any one . Thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by panpan View Post
              before filtering, do a second scan at 180 degrees of the first and superpose it in a 50% opacity layer above the first scan. Rotate the layer 180 degrees so it registers well with the first. This will cancel out, or at least minimize, the shadows and highlights of the dimples and folds caused by the scanning light offset.
              thanks panpan... But i lost orginal photo. So no option for rescaning image again...oppsss

Comment

my self i don't use the fft filter i use an fft action downloaded from here.
                http://www.skeller.ch/ps/fft_action.php
                another program that will work is imagej which you can get from here
                http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download.html

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix001 View Post
                  my self i don't use the fft filter i use an fft action downloaded from here.
                  http://www.skeller.ch/ps/fft_action.php
                  another program that will work is imagej which you can get from here
                  http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download.html
                  thank you very much. Kindly can you tell me that how i install or where copy paste fft action

Comment

Originally posted by AWAIS400 View Post
                    thank you very much. Kindly can you tell me that how i install or where copy paste fft action
                    Read this, the paragraph under the flower picture
                    http://en.onsoftware.com/how-to-inst...oshop-actions/

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTraveler View Post
                      Read this, the paragraph under the flower picture
                      http://en.onsoftware.com/how-to-inst...oshop-actions/

thanks its realy help me. and i am nearly done... thanks again

Comment

i gave this one a shot. i didnt use fft, but rather .jpg artifact remover followed by digital camera noise removal. after that it was almost all hand work with clone and push. i did use a tiny bit of clarify and usm at one point, but both were fairly small amounts.

i'm guessing, though, that with the original pic, the pattern would have been more pronounced and i may well have turned to fft.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my version..
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am always learning something new. I saw this picture and I decided to give it a whirl, I felt that what I seen was just a little blurry so I gave it a shot!
                            Attached Files

Comment