Matching Texture/Luminosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Texture/Luminosity

I am restoring some cover art for music CD's, and I am almost done, however there is one part of the image that I can't actually manage to do.

01.jpg is the part I need to restore, and what I need to do is to make it match the "texture" or "luminosity" of 02.jpg (which is the non damaged part of the image with the exact same characteristics). I have been messing around with Pattern Overlay with Luminosity blending (as a layer). I used patterns created from 02.jpg with the pattern maker however I haven't been quite able to get a match that doesn't lose too much color

As you can see from 03.jpg shows the type of results which I am looking for, except for the white's and highlights being messed up

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Matching Texture/Luminosity

the sample is kind of small, but I would use frequency separation & curves adjustments.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi deteego,
      Have you try: Image/Adjustments/Match color ?

Comment

Originally posted by chillin View Post
        the sample is kind of small, but I would use frequency separation & curves adjustments.
        Wow nice work, how exactly do you do frequency seperation? (Is there some tutorial for it?)

EDIT: I can submit the original image for a better sample if needed

All I need to do now is to match the noise/grain

Originally posted by igraim View Post
        Hi deteego,
        Have you try: Image/Adjustments/Match color ?
        Yes, in fact the original coloring of the 01.jpg was off.

Comment

You could find some links here.
          If you need more help, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin View Post
            You could find some links here.
            If you need more help, just ask.
            Wow, I just did the Frequency Separation myself and it worked beautifully. I just went over the HP layer with a pattern brush (on luminosity blending) and some slight adjustment with curves and the result is great

Thanks!

Comment

Actually sorry for the double post, I got the idea how the frequency separation works. It basically separates the "texture" or "detail" from the rest of the image (which is exactly what I want)

So what I did just now, was do a pattern brush (with luminosity blending) over the HP layer, however this wasn't fully accurate (and although as I just said above I used curves to try and fix it, it didn't work perfectly).

So the final step of what I need to do is the match the texture of the HP layer from one area to another, that is to add noise/grain (or whatever technique that needs to be used) to make

So essentially the last step I need to do now is to match the texture of 01_texture.jpg to the texture of 02_texture.jpg. I have tried various noise, grain effects on 02_texture.jpg however I haven't been able to get them to match (and pattern brush is doing a manual heal)
              Attached Files

Comment