No announcement yet.

HELP! Photos stuck together

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Countrybird1
    Help photos stuck togather
    by Countrybird1
    Help I am new to this ... for several years all of our photos were put into a plastic storage bin to keep them protected.. our childrens school pictures are stuck togather.. and looks like water damage although we see no holes or anything in the container.. also looks like a couple of them had mice...
    06-11-2009, 02:13 PM
  • mgolmeda
    Photos Stick together.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    by mgolmeda
    Hello!

First of all I will thank all the help I can received with my situation.
    I have my kids baby photos stick together. They stock together I think since 3 month ago but I dicovered yesterday. They got wet really wet. They were in a plastic box some of them were in a scrapbook...
    01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
  • M.L. Angoujard
    rescuing flood-damaged colour snapshots
    by M.L. Angoujard
    Hope someone can help with this -- I have a lot of colour snapshots, some gloss and some matt finish, that were damaged in a flood. They seem to be simply stuck together but there are lots.

I know nothing about how to approach this problem; had thought of steaming them but have no idea...
    07-08-2007, 12:32 AM
  • robertmazur
    Inkjet Photos Sticking Together
    by robertmazur
    I have read a lot of forum posts on how to unstick photos stuck together...all the distilled water and steam techniques. But they all seem to reference professionally processed photos.

The photos I have sticking together were printed by me with a HP Photosmart printer about 8 years ago,...
    12-14-2011, 04:14 PM
  • Carol Heath
    Flood damaged photos...Good advice??????
    by Carol Heath
    Hi Everyone,

As I am sure you may have heard, many parts of Australia are currently under water. There is a message being circulated on Facebook advising people with flood damaged photos to immerse them in clean, fresh water and keep them wet until they can have them copied at a local...
    01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Photos stuck together

Hi all - I'm brand new here and know zilch about photography. I had a box of 200 photos stolen from me 10 years ago and had them (miraculously) returned to me today.
    There is water damage and what looks like hornets nesting in the box. Photos are stuck together - front to back - in clumps of up to 30. I don't know how long ago they were damaged but the 'clumps' are as solid as brick.
    I tried (on a few) soaking in room temp water and gently peeling apart. Colour is running (is that normal?) and some are still 'glued' together. I'll take them to a professional if need be.
    Should I try again or just hand them over?
    Thanks!
    Mel

Re: HELP! Photos stuck together

Hi Mel
    Fantastic that you should have stolen items returned after such a long period. No idea what effect would be had from the hornets effluent - but I cannot imagine it will be good!

Colour should not run on a colour photograph, however if they have been hand coloured (usually water colours) I can understand this washing off.

If the photographs are treasured possessions I suggest that you hand them over to a professional restorer rather than risk further damage. While I am sure that the restorer will not offer any guarantees they may have access to chemicals and techniques that you do not.

Good luck

Comment

Re: HELP! Photos stuck together

I have had some success with leaving them in the freezer in a ziploc bag and some did come apart. but it did take a long time. There is also a scrapbookers product called un-du. It is photo safe and acid free. It might help and does not usually damage photos. It is available online and some scrapbook stores. You use to be able to get it at Target or Walmart. Maybe a Hobby lobby or Michaels Crafts. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X