No announcement yet.

A noob needs some guidance....please!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• ramandu
    Faded Polaroid, Laminated and Scratched
    by ramandu
    Here we go guys...how would you go about bringing life to this image?

I had to dropbox it, because of this forum's ridiculous 100kb limit on attachments.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...01_Restore.jpg

Thanks,

Charles R....
    07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
  • CPorter
    Very faded photo
    by CPorter
    Had this photo lost too much detail in the face to be restored? If not, how would you do it? I'm really struggling. Thanks!

Photo
    12-04-2014, 09:59 AM
  • Minoj
    Is this hopeless
    by Minoj
    I am trying to improve this picture for my neice.It is the only one she has. I tried different tutorials,but not much improved.
    Can someone direct me to a tutorial which will help, or do you think it can be improved. I don't mind spending hours with the healing tools and cloning, but first I...
    10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  • kevkevg
    Where to begin?
    by kevkevg
    I'm new to restoring photos. My biggest problem is removing these big scratches. I've found that if I try to use the clone tool to get rid of them the coloring on each side of the scratches don't match up. What would be the best way to remove them and get the coloring to match up?

08-31-2010, 01:17 PM
  • mikeleblanc
    Work flow assist appreciated
    by mikeleblanc
    The listed photo is a "self assigned" restoration. My goal is to restore as much as possible and convert to black and white. All comments are appreciated!

04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A noob needs some guidance....please!

Have this old pic of my grandfather. He was born in 1894 so we are guessing this is around 1925-1930. Anyway, a million-and-one cracks. I have PSE 10 and although it works fine for retouching here and there, it would take forever to fix this photo.

So, my question... How would you attack this project? BTW, the original print is about 1.5" in diameter. Here it is.......

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...20305-0003.jpg

Re: A noob needs some guidance....please!

I painted it in Painter 12.
    Attached Files

Comment

OMG! Amazing job! Thank you!!!!!

Comment

You might check this link for more scanning tips.... the better the scan/copy the less retouching you may have to do!

You can host your larger image elsewhere and attach a link as you did here, but also please attach an under 100k version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

To attach an image after you've typed your NEW Thread post... scroll down and click "Manage Attachments" under Additional Options.. if it is a REPLY then click "Go Advanced" below the reply box then scroll down and click "Manage Attachments" under Additional Options...,

Click HERE for Info on how to size and attach images to your posts

Just a quickie using the Polaroid (free) dust and scratch filter
        Attached Files
        ~.~0lBaldy~.~

Comment

Thanks to both of you!!! I downloaded the Polaroid app. Just tinkered with it for a few minutes. Got to the point where all the cracks and stuff showed up as red lines but couldn't figure out what to do from there. I'll spend some more time with it. Not a bad result for a quickie!

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
            Thanks to both of you!!! I downloaded the Polaroid app. Just tinkered with it for a few minutes. Got to the point where all the cracks and stuff showed up as red lines but couldn't figure out what to do from there. I'll spend some more time with it. Not a bad result for a quickie!
            when you get the red lines then just click clean image that should do it.

Comment

Working...
            X