Learning how to restore photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning how to restore photos

can anyone point me in the right direction on where to learn to restore photos i can do most of the basics like scratches, cracks, tears but i would like to learn how to fix light leaks or just anything to do with colours really.

I use photoshop CS4 for all my stuff if anyone can help that would be great

Re: Learning how to restore photos

Check out the Wayne Palmer and Ctein videos over on our rentals page.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

My first and still is go to resource would be Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. It gives a pretty good breakdown of the basic techniques to use in a given situation and allows you to develop your own workflow based on a solid foundation.

Comment

This workflow tutorial can help give you an idea or two.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ohem
          Restore recently burned photo(s)!
          by Ohem
          Hi there!

A couple of months ago my dad's house caught fire from a heater and thus alot of his stuff were burned. But lucky(?) him some of the drawers protected (well, mostly) a bunch of photos from his younger times - he values them greatly and really would like to find a way to restore...
          06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
        • hani7up
          Need damaged photos to restore
          by hani7up
          Hello

I need some damaged photos to work on and practice the different techniques of photo restoration.

Is there a place on the web where I can buy some digital damaged photos with acceptable resolution?
          07-06-2015, 01:59 PM
        • Pixelshaw
          Restore your photos and help Christchurch
          by Pixelshaw
          Please help me support those who are suffering in Christchurch. I am donating $1 for every ten dollars spent on restoration or manipulation at PixelFIX. In aid of the New Zealand Red Cross 2011 Earthquake Appeal. For more information on the current situation in Christchurch please visit canterburye...
          02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
        • Julianne V.
          looking for advise on historic WWII photos
          by Julianne V.
          I have photos taken by my Father in Japan '45 and '46. After seeing the cost of having them restored, I decided to learn how to do it myself. I work in photoshop cs, and have been at it a bit more than a year. What are my chances of making a REAL QUALITY restoration of photos such as this? I'm new...
          12-04-2005, 02:56 PM
        • wildwood_pro
          How do I begin to restore this?
          by wildwood_pro
          What should my first steps be in working on this image. Especially how do I recover the girls face and remove the crud on it? I use PS7 and am very new to working on images this way. Thanks for taking the time to help me.
          Char...
          08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
        Working...
        X