No announcement yet.

My 2nd restoration thread

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bobcat2005
    Restoration
    by Bobcat2005
    Hi people here you will see a photo of my sister and two of my brothers one of which sadly passed away 14 jan 2007 so i would appreciate any help with this photo,i have had some attempts with some result i look forward to your comments or help,many thanks....
    01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
  • shane_thib
    2nd restoration
    by shane_thib
    let me know what you think...
    08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
  • Pete Donegan
    More Authentic Photo Restoration
    by Pete Donegan
    Hi everybody! It's ages since I posted but I've just started on a job of restoration and I thought I would like to run some ideas past the experts on Retouch PRO to see what you think. I've been doing photo restoration for quite a few years now, but something has got me thinking. We use tools like the...
    11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
  • timmy1729
    Photo restoration of my father in 1944
    by timmy1729
    Hello everyone,
    I'm back with another baby picture of my father.

I've gotten as far as I can on this with my current skill level. I have no clue how to handle that stain on his right arm. Also, I do not know how to deal with that HORRIBLE texture over the entire picture. Lastly...
    05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
  • Sleveen
    How would you start this restoration?
    by Sleveen
    This is a photo of my parents before they were married. My mom is deceased, and I'd like to get this done for my father's 80th birthday in January. The original was destroyed in a fire so I can't scan it again. I don't think I even have the original scan because it was scanned onto a floppy. I have...
    11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd restoration thread

Hi again everyone.

Now I have my second photo restoration to do. It's a portrait of my 1st restoration subject's wife (here)
    Both these were taken in 1946.

What I kindly ask you is that you guide me trough this restoration in a step by step basis. I don't want you to do any of the work for me, just advise me of what you think I should do next so I can practise.

What's the first thing you'd do with it?
    Search channels for best spot removal results and apply a channel mixer layer? My pending choice. If so, should I turn it to B&W?
    Levels adjustment layer?
    Spot removal with healing/clone tool?

Here's the photo scanned at 600dpi:
    Attached Files

Re: My 2nd restoration thread

Pretty much the same thing like before.
    The lip will be some work.
    The teeth at the top has black on it.
    Lipstick is below the lip, needs to be fixed also.
    Use healing tool and clone tool.
    Be careful, use small brush.

Comment

Re: My 2nd restoration thread

First, I'd turn it to black and white. Then I'd play with the levels to bring out the brightness a bit. Then I'd run a filter like neat image on a medium setting to reduce the noise. After that I'd go back and touch up the lip, probably just using the paintbrush real slow. Then you could use the spot healing brush to repair some of the other imperfections in the photo.

Comment

Working...
      X