Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blur tool question

Hi gang,

I'm using PS7 and when I select the blur tool from the tools bar it doesn't seem to have any effect on the picture (no blur at all).
    I've tried duplicating the background copy - no effect. I've tried selecting area's - no effect.

I was starting to get "blurred vision" in my effort to figure this out. I ended up with crossed eyes but no blur to the canvas.
    Can any good soul out there help me?

Regards,

Jay

Did you check the strength setting in the tool options bar? It may be set lower than you need.
    DJ

Comment

Certain blending modes will cause the tool to show no effect. Also make sure you have the right layer targeted. If you have an adjustment layer, it will not be affected.

Ed

Comment

You got me????

Hi Debbie and Ed,

Thanks for your response. Oddly enough I'm just working on one layer (the background layer). It's at 100% and it has no effect.

I think I'll go try it on PS 6 and see what happens.

Jay

Comment

Jay - a couple other things to check...

* Your image is at 100%. If you have a large image and you're looking at it at 25% or lower viewable size, the blur might not appear to show up. To be sure the blur tool isn't doing anything, try it on your image at 100%.
          * The blending mode is "Normal"

Not sure if this will help, but something to try.

Jeanie
          Last edited by jeaniesa; 12-22-2002, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Jeaniesa

Thanks Jeaniesa,

That was the problem. With the image size etc. I had to go over the area to be blurred for some time before it was noticeable.

When I first brought this to everyones attention I had just swiped the area a few times with the brush and didn't see anything happen.

Thanks everyone. One more problem solved. Approx. 3 million to go.

Best to all,

Jay

Comment

Yeah! Glad that helped Jay!

Jeanie

Comment

Working...
              X