Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Restored [B&W] turned brown

Greetings
    Had a black and white photo with cracks retouched and the folks did a nice job but the true shade was gone! It turned brownish sort of rust tone.
    They have yet to write me back with explanation...thought i'd ask here for
    a description and grammar syntax of what occurred >
    thank ya!

Re: Photo Restored [B&W] turned brown

Sounds possible that the retoucher decided to apply a Sepia tone effect to your original. Quite common for some older photographs but I would have thought that if the original not toned that it should have been mentioned before applying the effect

Comment

Re: Photo Restored [B&W] turned brown

'Mentioned' is the key>>> they got back to me and all is well
      Happy Solstice and Mayan Calandar [Long Count Version] cycle!?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BenHardy
        Sepia or B&W
        by BenHardy
        Many old photos turn brown with age (see attached) and I notice on some of the help you guys offer, your repaired examples have been changed to B&W. So how does one determine whether the original was sepia or just aged. Furthermore, if a sepia print is required at the end of the process would you...
        09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
      • Mevster_1
        1951 B&W Photo of my deceased father
        by Mevster_1
        http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post333237
        06-06-2017, 11:02 PM
      • D Thompson
        b&w or sepia
        by D Thompson
        I'd be appreciative of any comments as to the job I've done on this. Suggestions are welcome also.

Thanks.
        Dennis...
        01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
      • booboo
        Sepia to colorful photo
        by booboo
        Hello,

How to change sepia photo (the old one) to the colorful photo in Adobe Photoshop?

I have looked for good tutorial but all of tuts I have found are about changing color photo to sepia...

Take care and have a nice time
        12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
      • digi
        sepia tonning yes or no
        by digi
        Hi I'am new to photo restoration and get a lot of old photo's that have turned sepia but do not know wether they started out like that or have turned that colour with age. Is there any way of knowing as I never know wether to turn them into black and white or sepia for the final print. Can anyone...
        10-16-2001, 02:35 PM
      Working...
      X