Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined honeymoon photo

Hi everyone,
    I am at a loss for how to fix this one. I could use some help for how to get started. My wife and I were just married and wanted to send this picture to the people who came to our wedding. It is a great picture of us, except for the finger in the camera lens.

We thought about just stamping some sort of generic "thank you" artifact over the finger, but think that it might be overbearing to the background. We also considered cropping it, but that takes half of me out of the picture too.

Any advice that you all can give would be greatly appreciated. This is the only picture that we have of us in front of the Atlantis resort.

Thank you so much.
    Keith
    Attached Files

Re: Ruined honeymoon photo

This will be tough. My thoughts... Retake the pic on green screen and drop in something similar :/. I know it's the "easy" way out but you would have to recreate your entire left arm which could be done with another pic of you or even a pic of anyone's left arm with similar lighting conditions but will it look right? Probably not so much. Good luck!

Comment

The JPEG artefacts have pretty much destroyed any remaining information in the image, along with the obvious problem. I went through all 15 channels and found nothing but misery I'm, afraid.

You could just laugh it off as an amusing moment on your honeymoon!

Comment

You'll lose a bit of the hotel but why not create a soft edge oval mask, the shape of which could correspond with the area where your shirt merges with the finger. Make a 'blank' layer and fill it with the green colour of your shirt and set the layer to 'colour' mode. Hide with a layer mask and brush back the area which is contaminated with the flesh tone. Not a sophisticated approach but 'close enough for jazz' as the saying goes!

Comment

Here is an idea.
          Attached Files

Comment

or maybe combine some images
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice job OlBaldy, like the thinking here

Comment

Thanks Tony

Comment

OlBaldy, you are a miracle worker. I have spent hours of days
                  n this thing and just couldn't find the right setting. How did you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by kthraney View Post
                    OlBaldy, you are a miracle worker. I have spent hours of days
                    n this thing and just couldn't find the right setting. How did you do it?
                    Google>images>"Atlantis resort"
                    Search Tools>Large...
                    scroll down

Comment

Thinking outside of the box, OlBaldy, gj.

Comment

Heres my shot at fixing it, the bottom right of the photo could do with a bit more work but as a quick fix this is ok I think, be great to see what you think
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another little tweak
                          Attached Files

Comment

That last one is quite good.

This reminds me of some photos a local wedding photographer took with her Hasselblad. It had a long perfectly rectangular piece of debris (a sliver of film?) that appeared diagonally across every bridal portrait as a black area. I was able to restore the missing pieces using cloning as well as borrowing similar pieces from other shots (the actually usable bits were few and far between). Worked out great in the end!

Comment