Haze in old photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze in old photo

Is there a good way to get rid of the white haze in this photo?

http://porterphotorepair.com/uploads/Emilybynum.jpg

Thanks!

Re: Haze in old photo

The 'white' haze is really blue.
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post314886

Comment

Thanks so much for the tip. I'll continue working with those settings but I haven't gotten it to make much of a difference, yet.

Comment

Here is a different look.
        If you want the larger size let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have been looking at this photo and trying to come up with a solution. The haze is not a bluish tint. If it was, I could have used the hue/sat and zap it out, but no luck.. will check some more ok

Comment

The haze is not easy to rid and doing a channel walk or using the channel mixer did not result in anything better... I took a different approach and try to darken or less the sight of the haze with hdr toning in image>adjustment>hdr toning and than used curves and a blur
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, messing with the channels never did anything for me. Thanks so much for your work on this! I'll play around with the hdr toning and hopefully get that to work.

Comment

Seems like this topic reappears every so often. The defect is called silvering. Take a look at this:

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...ent-photo.html

If you enter silvering into the search you will have many hours of reading to do!

Good Luck

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Paul2
                  Old Photo
                  by Paul2
                  I have an old photo of my mother and some of her friends standing in front of an old car which I have just found out is a Jowett Javelin. The photo was in very poor condition and I've basically had to piece it back together again. The problem I have is that I need to blend the parts together to make...
                  08-25-2007, 03:58 AM
                • Cephas
                  Repairing old photo.
                  by Cephas
                  This is an old photo of my grate grandparents taken in 1912. As you can see there is a stain over the grater part of the photo. It becomes more visible when I started to color it. I can't seem to get rid of the stain could any one help me and maybe show me what I'm missing....
                  04-30-2008, 08:19 AM
                • Wombo55
                  White haze on old photo
                  by Wombo55
                  This is another of the photos that my brother scanned from old prints and with which I am having trouble. In particular, the white hazy look to the photo. There are quite a few that have this problem.

I have tried to follow some of the techniques outlined in the forums (eg converting...
                  08-04-2012, 10:31 PM
                • JAYKAT
                  Old photo trying to restore...twins
                  by JAYKAT
                  This is another photo I found that my mom had on a print out...we do not know what happened to the original....so I am just trying to put some life in the photos.....help....any suggestions....I will post more of what I have been working on for this photo shortly....but here are a few.....thank you...
                  09-21-2011, 10:35 PM
                • leogabe
                  Shiny areas on old photo
                  by leogabe
                  I am working on a pair of old photos that have shiny metallic areas after being scanned. Anyone have a good workflow for removing/repairing this? I also tried to photograph the pictures with the same shiny stuff showing up.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!...
                  11-22-2015, 06:42 PM
                Working...
                X