Removing the red spots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the red spots!

Will all of you restoration experts please take a look at this one. I've only seen a couple of photos similar to this one and really don't have a clue how to begin. I hope that I'm overlooking the obvious.

The red channel is the best one. It mitigates but does not eliminate the problem. What do you guys recommend?

I'm trying to salvage this one for the remaining family members.

Thanks in advance,

Curtis
    Attached Files

Re: Removing the red spots!

After playing around with the photo for a couple of hours I decided to try something radical. Opened the develop module in Lightroom 5.3, converted to black & white and set the red and orange to +100. It's not perfect but I'm at a good starting point, I think.

Opened in Photoshop CC, applied a moderate curve to add contrast, then another curve masked with a gradient to bring out the background bottom right. Will see what comes of this but it's the best solution I've found so far.

Curtis
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Removing the red spots!

Open the file in ACR, convert to B&W and move the orange slider to the far right. Now you can play with exposure, contrast, etc before bringing it into CS. I used dodge and burn to lighten/darken where necessary as well as the clone tool to blend the edges into the BG, selective sharpening and added some colour.

Cheers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X