Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove this line?

Hello,

I just registered here. I have a problem and i don't know what to do to fix it.
    I am a Newbie at Photoshop, so please go easy on me.

In this one photo there is a blue vertical line, it starts in the middle of the image and goes all the way down to the end of the image. I have tried many things and remained unsuccessful. I have attached only the line, and not the whole image do to size restrictions.

It's probably from a scanner. I can't rescan the image because the image is from an old Hungarian magazine that i found in an online archive and i don't have access to the original magazine.

Xiom113
    Attached Files

Re: How to remove this line?

I don't see the line. Perhaps a larger segment of the image would work better. Why don't you select a larger portion of the image and then using photoshop, use File/Save for Web/then in the upper right corner of the screen select optimize for web and limit file size to 96K.

Comment

Thank you for the advice.

Maybe this is better.

Make sure to zoom in 2 or 3 times to see the line.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=earu4o&s=8
      Last edited by Xiom113; 07-06-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Xiom - Try the following approach
        - Create a blank Layer above your original image and change the blending mode of this Layer to Color
        - Using the eyedropper to set the foreground color, sample the color near (but not on) the blue line
        - Use the brush tool and paint this sampled color on the new blank Layer over the blue line. This will change the color (not the luminosity) and for your image I think this might just do the trick for you. Potentially, you might have to resample the color along the line at different points yet it seems pretty uniform in color so this may also not be needed. Just give it a try.

Hope this helps some.

Comment

Thank you for the advice John! I did as you suggested, tell me what you think:
          http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21l790o&s=8

Comment

Originally posted by Xiom113 View Post
            Thank you for the advice John! I did as you suggested, tell me what you think:
            http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21l790o&s=8
            Looks good to me

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheeler View Post
              Looks good to me
              Ok, im good to go then? :-)

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X