LP cover restoration tips needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP cover restoration tips needed

I have photoshop CC and would like some tips on restoring this LP cover. I mainly work with audio. This LP has never been on CD so I've cleaned it physically and digitally. It sounds great. I'm not AS good with the photo work and could use some tips. There's a lot of ring wear mostly and the jean area gets a bit messy. https://www.deafiles.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=e311aaeddef19b43d7f8de1f38eb801a&download

Re: LP cover restoration tips needed

Well I used curves to increase contrast and then used a variety of brushes. The patch tool, healing brush, and cloning. To decrease the half tone pattern I used Nik's Define.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. I really need to figure a way for it to be cleaner around the album title and on that right side. Other wise, it will show up when I print it.

Comment

Well You can select the title and place that on a separate layer to protect it. Then copy the background layer and add a median blur to it and mask out Cher.

Another approach would be to try a fft filter initially to dampen the half tone dots.

Comment

Well this came from another source on the web
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by philbach View Post
            Well this came from another source on the web
            That one is definitely "cleaner" but it looks blown out.

Comment

Used the clone tool set @ darken around the text and other places like the bottom.... mostly the patch tool for the rings and scratches.. a bit of hue/saturation and curves.. some vibrance... then Imagenomic Noiseware to soften .... sharpened
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll have to test out the patch tool & see what I'm working with. Yours is most promising thus far. Than you very much

Comment

Working...
                X