Repairing an old black and white polaroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing an old black and white polaroid

I am trying to repair this old family photo. It appears the the top laminate got peeled off exposing the ink and photo beneath making it appear yellowish and faded. I have tried to repair it various ways nut it always looks like a 4 year old with a crayon did it. Can anyone suggest alternate repair methods and show step step instructions? I have several other photos like this. Thank you.
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps550da371.jpg

Re: Repairing an old black and white polaroid

After you heal the white spots, looks like you need to use the burn tool (use it on a separate layer). Do it slowly and lightly and build up.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jjames
      Old Black and white Documents
      by jjames
      I have about 1000 old black and white documents that need cleaned up. They are old newsletters from the early 1900's. These were all given to me in jpegs scanned from micro film. I need to get rid of as much "extra" from the copies and leave the text looking clean and crisp. Can anyone tell...
      02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
    • alira
      colorizing an old black and white photo
      by alira
      I have an old photo that I would like to recolor. I read a tutorial on how to recolor a black and white photo. it works well except that I have 2 problems.

1.on one part of the photo, on half the arm the color does not work. it stays white. i don't know if that was a flash or just...
      11-28-2009, 04:57 AM
    • Wombo55
      White haze on old photo
      by Wombo55
      This is another of the photos that my brother scanned from old prints and with which I am having trouble. In particular, the white hazy look to the photo. There are quite a few that have this problem.

I have tried to follow some of the techniques outlined in the forums (eg converting...
      08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
    • Roy G. Biv
      Black and white vs brown and white.
      by Roy G. Biv
      Hello.. Im new here and new to the restoration process. I have done this here and there on old photos and I seem to really enjoy doing it. Anyways.. I have a photo from 1933. Over the years it has become damaged and discolored. It seems that all older photos have become almost brown and white....
      06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
    • Gerald McClaren
      60 year old color or black and white photo
      by Gerald McClaren
      Is there a simple technique to determine if a 60 year old photo is color or black and white? The photo is someone great, great, grandfather. The whole photo has a yellowish color over it, and it is hard to tell if it was once a color or black and white.

Gerald McClaren
      11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
    Working...
    X