• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Paper Texture

I have come across a photo restoration issue that has been bothering me for
    a few years. How do you remove "Paper Texture and Newsprint morie'" in a
    photo.

I have seen the download for the FFT, however the download will not work on my MacBook Pro.

Thank You,

Rick S.

Re: Remove Paper Texture

I am sure there are others but ImageJ contains the FFT and Inverse FFT among many other tools
    http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/osx.html

Comment

Re: Remove Paper Texture

You can use dust and scratches tool in photoshop to remove paper texture Newsprint morie, small lines and dots efficiently. You will get the option in Filter -Noise-dust and scratches.

But be very care full it will blur the images; if you are not using it carefully. Radius should be a minimum and never ever try to remove any big scratches with this option.
      Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aurock
        Remove texture from this photo
        by Aurock
        I've tried the FFT tutorial here on retouch pro, but the end result that I get is just a slightly different shading on the image, the texture seems to all remain in tact. Can anyone get the texture off of this image and tell me perhaps what I am missing?...
        01-11-2007, 01:33 AM
      • Caravaggio
        how do I remove paper texture from old photo
        by Caravaggio
        Hi, I'm restoring an old photo that has a grid-like pattern from the paper it was originally printed on. I'm wondering how to remove it? The texture or grid is most evident in the highlights of the image.

I've attached a detail. (I sharpened the image to try to make the texture more...
        06-24-2016, 07:17 PM
      • ashkumar
        Paper Texture Problem (Matt Finish)
        by ashkumar
        Can anyone tell me How to get rid of paper texture on attached image....
        07-26-2008, 10:01 AM
      • FotoFixer
        Photo Paper Texture - What's best way to remove
        by FotoFixer
        Favorite photo of my mom has an awful texture problem. Have spent way too many hours on it. Would like to know what is the best approach to removing the grain, but keeping the sharp details. The photo is hand colored. Thanks.
        06-06-2008, 01:31 AM
      • markfh
        Texture removal problems
        by markfh
        Any idea why I can't get FF to remove let alone see this texture? I've worked it before on other (color) photos but for some reason I can't even get the filter to recognise that this b&w photo has texture.

I even tried three different FF filters from two different sources and followed...
        02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
      Working...
      X