Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove scan pattern old 45 sleeve (losslessly?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove scan pattern old 45 sleeve (losslessly?)

Is there a way I can remove this block pattern from this scan without losing detail? I have a bunch of others I'd also like to use that all have similar issues and were scanned with the same settings.

http://s3.postimg.org/k1scdpc9b/hey_joe_4.jpg

Re: Remove scan pattern old 45 sleeve (losslessly?

Well the picture you have the link for is tiny, 180 pixels square. To get another example try Google images. I found the identical poster there at a higher resolution. Of course if you have the cover, rescan at a higher resolution.

Comment

http://s3.postimg.org/do39ag7df/hey_joe_4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by philbach View Post
        Well the picture you have the link for is tiny, 180 pixels square. To get another example try Google images. I found the identical poster there at a higher resolution. Of course if you have the cover, rescan at a higher resolution.
        Sorry I don't know why I only posted the thumbnail but above is the FULL SIZE
        Last edited by cherbette; 04-20-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I increased the contrast and applied Neat Image a noise reducing filter. Sometimes with this sort of a pattern a FFT filter can work.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by philbach; 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Looks pretty good. I've noticed that 90% of the noise is in the red and green channels. Any thing specific I could do with that to improve?

Comment

The FFT filter didn't work for me, so using the channel mixer I converted to grayscale and muted the influence of the red and green channels. After adding back the color I played around with curves to reduce the impact of the repeating pattern while keeping most of the grunge for effect.

Cheers,

Kevin
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X